Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PIC REQUEST: 37"s with BB

Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 37's on a BB is asking for trouble unless you go flat fender and even then wouldn't be ideal. I'm running 35's on a Rough Country 2.5" BB and that is really not enough clearance. I can bottom out and rub my tires on a good dip in the road if I'm going fast enough. That is why I've got a 4" lift on the way.

That said, if you want to talk COG, running a 3.5" suspension lift and 35's is gonna have you sitting about the same height as 37's on a 2.5" BB, BUT.... on the 35's you'll have plenty of flex and on the 37's next to none. I agree it is all in what the individual wants, but my opinion is the Jeep on 35's with the 3.5" lift is gonna perform better all on fronts. At the end of the day, once you toss in the cost of a good set of flatfenders and the much higher costs of 37 inch tires, it is gonna be a wash either way.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
It is all a matter of personal preference & priorities.

To run 37s, I could spend $2500 on a 4" lift with 8 CAs, 2 trackbars, brakelines, springs, shocks, links, coil retainers. bumpstops, and $1500 for 1350 driveshafts. And I'd still be on stock gears & axle shafts..

Or, I can spend the $4k on:
$1500 regear to 5:13s
$1200 HD axle shafts
$150 ORE C2 gussets & LCA skids
$450 TF BB w/shocks, bumpstops, rear trackbar bracket.
$500 Xenon flares.
$150 MORE 1" BL.
$150 Mt Logan axle sleeves
that is the most ideal situation for people on a budget, like myself.

if i had the money i would have coilovers, 60s, and 40" tires. but my wallet limits me. i prefer haveing a bigger tire to a bigger lift. if i can stuff 40s under a tj with 4" of lift and a high clearance hood, i can go almost any trail that does not require extreme articulation of mud bogging situations. thats a tj though. the jks were blessed with huuge wheel wells.

in the end its personal preferance and how deep ones wallet is
Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
For some reason, many here believe that a BB is worthless, with no flex, and cripples you offroad.

Pics below of 35s, 2.5" TF BB, Xenons, stock front bumpstops.

With 37s, I'd only loose 1-2" in uptravel without a 1" BL. If I add the 1" BL, I'd essentially have the same amount of flex.
Sweet setup, and you're right. But you got to have the Xenons to get that kind of flex with the BB and 35's. I can say from experience that isn't gonna happen with stock fenders, and those Xenons aren't cheap. For me I would rather spend that cash on a full blown suspension lift.

Quick Reply: PIC REQUEST: 37"s with BB