Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PIC REQUEST: 37"s with BB

Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure without affecting driveline issues other than your gears; a 2" BDS body lift, TF 2.5" BB, and some sort of flat fenders could easily get you past 38 tires. But what kind of flex would you have. And would you need flex in the mud......
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JUSTIN01
I'm sure without affecting driveline issues other than your gears; a 2" BDS body lift, TF 2.5" BB, and some sort of flat fenders could easily get you past 38 tires. But what kind of flex would you have. And would you need flex in the mud......
He never stated he would only use it in the mud, and why would you limit the performance just to put a big tire on it
Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Thats true because you wouldn't be capable of doing more difficult trails. You will lose flex and articulation. Good luck with that.
First off, I am in no way stating that this combination will outperform a 4"+ suspension lift with similar tires. However, there are some advantages of keeping a low center of gravity. If you dont believe me check out any TJ forum. there are many guys stuffing large tires under small lifts to suit all sorts of applications. You must remember rigs are designed to perform to the parameters of the individual building it. Not everyone is going to be mudding, rock crawling, etc. I could also make the same argument about 6" lifts. If a bigger lift is always better then why isnt everyone running a 6" lift?

Second, you are not limiting flex by increasing tire size while keeping the same lift unless the tires are contacting the body, frame, etc during the uptravel. The down travel of the suspension will still be the same. Hence the reason for flat fenders and body lifts. The bump stops will limit 33"s and 35"s the same as 37"s as long as there is nothing else in the way.

My point of this thread was to see who was pushing the limits of their BB. Not everyone needs a gigantic lift just like not everyone needs a Hemi. Of course everyone wants one but thats not the point. Im not saying this combination is practical for most people but if the envelope is not pushed by some then we would never be where we are today in this sport.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Infidel616
First off, I am in no way stating that this combination will outperform a 4"+ suspension lift with similar tires. However, there are some advantages of keeping a low center of gravity. If you dont believe me check out any TJ forum. there are many guys stuffing large tires under small lifts to suit all sorts of applications. You must remember rigs are designed to perform to the parameters of the individual building it. Not everyone is going to be mudding, rock crawling, etc. I could also make the same argument about 6" lifts. If a bigger lift is always better then why isnt everyone running a 6" lift?

Second, you are not limiting flex by increasing tire size while keeping the same lift unless the tires are contacting the body, frame, etc during the uptravel. The down travel of the suspension will still be the same. Hence the reason for flat fenders and body lifts. The bump stops will limit 33"s and 35"s the same as 37"s as long as there is nothing else in the way.

My point of this thread was to see who was pushing the limits of their BB. Not everyone needs a gigantic lift just like not everyone needs a Hemi. Of course everyone wants one but thats not the point. Im not saying this combination is practical for most people but if the envelope is not pushed by some then we would never be where we are today in this sport.
well said
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Low and slow. IMO this is a badass setup and is something I want to do in the future. If done right I don't see why it wouldn't be a formidable vehicle on the trails.

Plus the JK Unlimited just looks proportional with 37's.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

As long as you are not opposed to alittle trimming a bb w/ 37's should work just fine. I'm only running 35's, but there's plenty of room for more tire. The pinch seam in the rear was the only metal i had to cut away to run disco'ed front and rear before I put on the bb.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
He never stated he would only use it in the mud, and why would you limit the performance just to put a big tire on it
But he is from florida.........mud!!
As was previously stated, if you could get up to that tire size without major components; i.e. control arms, drive shafts, and other steering components, and you didn't need the flex, why pay for something that was designed to flex.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman

that is a nice setup. do you have any rubbing with the fenders?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Infidel616

i will have to agree. a low COG is mostly ideal for most rockcrawling situations. plus the driveability will be better with not as much wind resistance as a 4" of 6" lift.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

a good trail rig can do the rubicon trail with 33s a 2.5BB and locker diffs front and rear. the huge lift is nice but a locker is its weight in gold at the end of the day

Quick Reply: PIC REQUEST: 37"s with BB