Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

pic request

Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rtguy1 any updates on this setup
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fctyson0
Rtguy1 any updates on this setup
No...my winch is about 40 miles away...lol i will figure out how much it needs to be spaced up and use a steel plate underneath the fairlead mount. I was planning on installing it but my power interrupt kit didn't come in. may take the drive later to determine how far this needs to be spaced up. I will respond in here as soon as I know. I wouldn't freak out though, it will still work. This bumper/winch combo will look very good.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Well i sent a pm to the member on the other forum and his reply was that the distance is less than 1/4 inch and closer to 1/8 inch and that he almost had his winch tightened down before he discovered the interference. So it doesn't sound like it will take much to make it fit.
rtguy1 do think that the plate should be welded to the bottom of the fairlead mount for extra rigiidty or will just bolting it all together be strong enough?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ipscguy
Well i sent a pm to the member on the other forum and his reply was that the distance is less than 1/4 inch and closer to 1/8 inch and that he almost had his winch tightened down before he discovered the interference. So it doesn't sound like it will take much to make it fit.
rtguy1 do think that the plate should be welded to the bottom of the fairlead mount for extra rigiidty or will just bolting it all together be strong enough?
bolting it on should be fine since its just a spacer. it's the same concept as the fairlead mount that simply bolts on underneath the winch. no need to weld on that. i'm probably going to use a full size plate though so the entire winch fairlead mounting base sits flush on it. it sounds like a 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4" plate should work. look at the fairlead mounting plate. its not a full sheet. it just outlines the mounting plate of the winch. i will look at the base and mounting feet of the winch and make my decision. this really isn't a big deal to simply space it up. def not the end of the world here or warranting a return of the winch. a small touch of ingenuity and we will be in business. just need to figure out exactly what thickness spacing will be required to eliminate the interference and than obtain hardware with the same additional length.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rtguy1

bolting it on should be fine since its just a spacer. it's the same concept as the fairlead mount that simply bolts on underneath the winch. no need to weld on that. i'm probably going to use a full size plate though so the entire winch fairlead mounting base sits flush on it. it sounds like a 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4" plate should work. look at the fairlead mounting plate. its not a full sheet. it just outlines the mounting plate of the winch. i will look at the base and mounting feet of the winch and make my decision. this really isn't a big deal to simply space it up. def not the end of the world here or warranting a return of the winch. a small touch of ingenuity and we will be in business. just need to figure out exactly what thickness spacing will be required to eliminate the interference and than obtain hardware with the same additional length.
Awesome. Glad you guys will have this all worked out before mine even arrives. Haha. Joking. Anyway, happy to hear it should be an easy adjustment. I can wait to be one of the few running this setup (well for a now at least).
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

update...I have the Bralwer Lite with trail stinger and a Warn Zeon 10-S. I'm using the poison spyder hawse fairlead mounting plate. It does fit on my bumper. The clearance between the bumper and the ends of the winch housing is very very very tight. it does clear however. I'm wondering if the fitment issue noted by the other members were caused by sitting the winch on the bumper without the fairlead mounting plate. That plate is REQUIRED to mount the fairlead to the bumper and is 3/16" plate steel. this additional 3/16" will make a HUGE difference in this winch clearing. with mine mounted and fully torqued to the recommended 25-30lbs (i went 28lbs) i have about 1/16" of clearance. I took some pics and showed that there is clearance by passing a thick warning label that was in the box between the housing of the winch and the bumper. the winch must be orientated properly for it to fit without hitting the bumper. the mounting holes in the bumper allow for slight lateral movement when mounting. using this play, i centered the winch to have approx the same spacing between the housing and bumper on both sides. being that it is so tight of a tolerance, i could see different members having issues depending on the tolerances these bumpers are made to. i took a few pics to show the clearance on both sides and the label passing between. the winch is now off of my bumper as i am waiting for my power interrupt kit to wire it up. if u do experience a fitment issue, 2 pieces of 1/8" steel plate can be placed in between the winch and fairlead mount. this may or may not require longer hardware depending on what you are comfortable with. if u do buy new hardware ensure that you get the same thread size so you can retain the supplied nuts.
long winded but i hope this helps.
Click image for larger version

Name:	zeon1.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	394415Click image for larger version

Name:	zeon2.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	394416Click image for larger version

Name:	zeon4.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	394418Click image for larger version

Name:	zeon5.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	394419Click image for larger version

Name:	zeon3.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	394417
Old 12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

update...I have the Bralwer Lite with trail stinger and a Warn Zeon 10-S. I'm using the poison spyder hawse fairlead mounting plate. It does fit on my bumper. The clearance between the bumper and the ends of the winch housing is very very very tight. it does clear however. I'm wondering if the fitment issue noted by the other members were caused by sitting the winch on the bumper without the fairlead mounting plate. That plate is REQUIRED to mount the fairlead to the bumper and is 3/16" plate steel. this additional 3/16" will make a HUGE difference in this winch clearing. with mine mounted and fully torqued to the recommended 25-30lbs (i went 28lbs) i have about 1/16" of clearance. I took some pics and showed that there is clearance by passing a thick warning label that was in the box between the housing of the winch and the bumper. the winch must be orientated properly for it to fit without hitting the bumper. the mounting holes in the bumper allow for slight lateral movement when mounting. using this play, i centered the winch to have approx the same spacing between the housing and bumper on both sides. being that it is so tight of a tolerance, i could see different members having issues depending on the tolerances these bumpers are made to. i took a few pics to show the clearance on both sides and the label passing between. the winch is now off of my bumper as i am waiting for my power interrupt kit to wire it up. if u do experience a fitment issue, 2 pieces of 1/8" steel plate can be placed in between the winch and fairlead mount. this may or may not require longer hardware depending on what you are comfortable with. if u do buy new hardware ensure that you get the same thread size so you can retain the supplied nuts.
long winded but i hope this helps.
Attachment 394415Attachment 394416Attachment 394418Attachment 394419Attachment 394417
Thanks for the update. Looks close but if it clears it clears and it sure will make install a lot easier. I ordered the same winch but have the brawler bar with plate gussets. I will have my wench tomorrow . Can't wait.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

ipscguy: any updates? i'm curious if yours fit as well or did u run into a clearance issue? thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ipscguy: any updates? i'm curious if yours fit as well or did u run into a clearance issue? thanks
So I have an update. My bumper and winch arrived last night and I unpackaged everything so that I could set it up in the living room just to get an idea of how it would look. I gotta say, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it. The bumper and winch are awesome in their own rite, but the combo seems strange to me. When I had looked at the dimensions online I didn't fully appreciate how massively huge the winch is. It takes up the whole bumper. It almost looks like the brawler bar was made to protect the winch. Haha. Maybe that's a good thing? Anyway, we'll see how I feel about it after it gets mounted on the Jeep, but for now I'm kinda on the fence.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1074951576.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	397244  
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
So I have an update. My bumper and winch arrived last night and I unpackaged everything so that I could set it up in the living room just to get an idea of how it would look. I gotta say, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it. The bumper and winch are awesome in their own rite, but the combo seems strange to me. When I had looked at the dimensions online I didn't fully appreciate how massively huge the winch is. It takes up the whole bumper. It almost looks like the brawler bar was made to protect the winch. Haha. Maybe that's a good thing? Anyway, we'll see how I feel about it after it gets mounted on the Jeep, but for now I'm kinda on the fence.
so it looks like yours clears as well

from the psc website
The Brawler Bar is modeled after the bar found on our original RockBrawler™ front bumper. It is a low-profile stinger designed to provide protection to the winch, grille and radiator area.

not sure what you were expecting.

this winch has low profile. it is only a couple inches wider than some other models.

i think it looks freakin' sweet, but i am a bit biased. get in on the rig before u decide. it looks even better bolted up!

Quick Reply: pic request