Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A pic from the beach...

Old 04-22-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
What beach is that?

High Island Texas, aprox 30 miles north east of galveston. But I fish the entire coast of Texas. High Island just happens to be 25 miles from where I live, so fish it often.

Here is another pic of me with a Black Drum and the jeep before lift and tires.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

thats a keeper, we went shark hunting off the oil rigs in tx they have some of the best beaches and not real crowded
Old 04-22-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Jollyroger - nice pics of the fish - now I wish I brought my rods out! Curious - did you do anything for rod holders on your jeep? Or are you using the trailer to carry your gear? I was thinking of looking for a front hitch and then using reciever mount holder. Oh, 10-15 days a month fishing? Yes, I am jealous!!!!

Scooter - I got those steps from the dealer - they are not bad but can't say for sure if I would make the same choice. I find my self stepping over them more then using them. I might have opted for sliders more then steps if I did it again. But I have kids and that was one of the reasons for getting the ones I did.

Last edited by deadspot; 04-22-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deadspot
Jollyroger - nice pics of the fish - now I wish I brought my rods out! Curious - did you do anything for rod holders on your jeep? Or are you using the trailer to carry your gear? I was thinking of looking for a front hitch and then using reciever mount holder. Oh, 10-15 days a month fishing? Yes, I am jealous!!!!

Right now I am using the trailer to store and haul the rods and gear. Have a front bumper ordered from Shrockworks. Will add a front hitch to it some how. Want to have a front rod rack for the day trips. You can also mount rod holders in the rear beside the spare. This part of my build will be next winter when I have time to cut and weld on the jeep. Now until deer season I will be fishing every chance I get. In fact the first week in may I will have a beach house rented and will be fishing everyday unless the weather is just horrible.

This was the first good weekend for sharks on the upper Texas coast. .
If you want to check out the whole fishing report from this weekend here is the link.
http://www.okumafishingforums.com/showthread.php?t=577

Quick Reply: A pic from the beach...