Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK

Old 02-20-2015, 03:54 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jahbone
I think about it every once in awhile but come back down to paying for a winch or shocks or stuff that helps me wheel

If I ever get laid off I may have to consider putting some patterns together for real.
Hey Jahbone, while you're here and still around, you think you can do a black & white version LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0334.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	597921Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270A.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	597922
Old 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always had the same kind of vision for my ride one it's old and ragged. And I'm pretty good with PhotoShop, but do you think I could pull off anything like that with Copperhead Pearl? No need to create a render, but let me know what would work color-wise?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I went to reverse the stripes, got too complicated and took way longer than I needed to. Then I remembered that in all things, simplify the problem, think of what you're trying to SOLVE rather than what you're trying to DO.

In this case, I originally made a tinted layer mask over the tan paint, colorizing the whole Jeep black while trying to keep some of the glossy quality of the paint. Then I had created a striped layer mask which gave a flat sheen wherever the virtual "stencil" was.

I kept trying to swap the tint and sheen part of the layers, to make the glossy layer flat and the flat layer glossy. This wasn't working. I'm sure a more expert Photoshopper than me would have realized this much earlier, but it took me a half hour of fiddling before I decided to make an inverse mask of the striped layer. So I didn't have to mess with the "paint job" I had constructed- instead, I just created a new stencil that made the flat black appear in the opposite places than it was before.

That approach also gave me more flexibility to try this with any paint scheme if I wanted. Here's the original request, the Bane's army tumbler, but with the pattern reversed:

I hope this inspires someone to do something different with their Jeep! If I can get my friend to cut some vinyl, maybe I'll try something similar on my silver JKU:

I am really liking this idea.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Hey Jahbone, while you're here and still around, you think you can do a black & white version LOL
heh, I might do a black and white for you when I get back from Vegas this weekend.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
I've always had the same kind of vision for my ride one it's old and ragged. And I'm pretty good with PhotoShop, but do you think I could pull off anything like that with Copperhead Pearl? No need to create a render, but let me know what would work color-wise?
I'll have to look at that paint job in real life and see what might look good with it. Maybe I'll run by my local jeep dealer when I get back to Texas.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:07 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heh, I might do a black and white for you when I get back from Vegas this weekend.
Sweet! A guy can dream LOL. Hit the jackpot and start your own decal company

Quick Reply: Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK