Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK

Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd buy both of those, that look is badass on a jk
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by agent00latin
Jahbone
I don't suppose you ever had time to reverse those blacks on the above jeep did you? I think the reverse effect would be easier to do since the gloss black would take up the majority of the space while the flat black could more easily be done as a vinyl sticker.
Haven't had time- preparing for my first child to be born, less than two weeks away

I'll try and find a few minutes to reverse it for ya though, it won't be that hard.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jahbone
Something like this?

I didn't copy the exact pattern, but instead went for the concept of breaking up the recognizable shapes. Blacked out your wheels while I was at it
WOW! Looks great! I wanna new paint job now! Lol
Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to reverse the stripes, got too complicated and took way longer than I needed to. Then I remembered that in all things, simplify the problem, think of what you're trying to SOLVE rather than what you're trying to DO.

In this case, I originally made a tinted layer mask over the tan paint, colorizing the whole Jeep black while trying to keep some of the glossy quality of the paint. Then I had created a striped layer mask which gave a flat sheen wherever the virtual "stencil" was.

I kept trying to swap the tint and sheen part of the layers, to make the glossy layer flat and the flat layer glossy. This wasn't working. I'm sure a more expert Photoshopper than me would have realized this much earlier, but it took me a half hour of fiddling before I decided to make an inverse mask of the striped layer. So I didn't have to mess with the "paint job" I had constructed- instead, I just created a new stencil that made the flat black appear in the opposite places than it was before.

That approach also gave me more flexibility to try this with any paint scheme if I wanted. Here's the original request, the Bane's army tumbler, but with the pattern reversed:

I hope this inspires someone to do something different with their Jeep! If I can get my friend to cut some vinyl, maybe I'll try something similar on my silver JKU:

Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Simply awesome! Thanks for the hard work
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

At member WisArmy86's request, I did one with silver and gunmetal, but with black fenders, sidesteps, and top:

Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those all look badass. Great job. I wish I had good photoshop skills like that or photoshop for that matter.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jahbone
At member WisArmy86's request, I did one with silver and gunmetal, but with black fenders, sidesteps, and top:

Very nice
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a surf blue...Maybe you can whip something up kinda urban camo-ish?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJ*Spartan
I got a surf blue...Maybe you can whip something up kinda urban camo-ish?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs
I might try that this weekend, sure. Surf blue and pale light blue or something like that?

Quick Reply: Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK