Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Photos: who was that last month at The Slot...

Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K 92
did u get to meet the owner?
I did not. There was nobody in the vicinity when I'd hiked through there.

Originally Posted by mizedog
Can you post the second pic in all three exposures? I'd love to see what you started out with. Also, metering info would be nice (including sun position).
Thanks.
I'd post up the three different exposures but I bin all my regular exposures after I get the HDR out of 'em. Otherwise, it gets taxing on the ol' hard drive to save all of the files after a while.

I don't remember the shutter speeds used for these, but purdy sure they were shot at f13. 100 ISO. Sun was almost at 12:00 position but nearly overhead.

Originally Posted by mmcan
BTW do you have an album online which we can view?
Well, not just yet but I've got one in the making.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! Awesome pics pig vomit! I was talking to WOLette and she had mentioned that she saw a guy with a camera and tripod that day and can only assume that was you.

Being that you're in the area, you should come out with us sometime.
I do recall seing a father and son venturing through The Slot with a tripod/camera in tow, so I know I wasn't the only one playing the pro part.

I'd totally be interested in coming out with yous, I'm over in RSM so I'm not too far. Maybe we can get s'more Jeep shots in various poses flexin' n stuff. Let me know next time you're headin' out. I do not have a Jeep myself, however. I was the nutjob that rode in on the black VTX1800, you may have seen it parked out there. Nothin' like off-roading an 800-pound street bike to The Slot.

Originally Posted by davebloomer
you didn't happen to get a pic of WOL himself did u?? cause like i have previously posted i see his jeep all the time but wouldn't know him from the next guy LOL the mysterious forum owner
I'm afraid not. I passed several folks heading the other way through the slot so I'm sure we crossed paths, but he shall remain a mystery forum man fer now.

Last edited by pig vomit; 04-28-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! Awesome pics pig vomit! I was talking to WOLette and she had mentioned that she saw a guy with a camera and tripod that day and can only assume that was you.

Being that you're in the area, you should come out with us sometime.
Any chance you recognize this guy? Self-portrait(s) from that very day.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Staged Nonsense

"I was hiking through The Slot Canyon"

I then came across 2 abandoned jeeps. Then the jeep miraculously appeared by itself as you submitted in post 12. I'm not sure what your intentions are but Please, at least be honest about the photo shoot.

And lastly, Nice retouch job.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes your photos are great. I've always been a fan of Vehicle HDR photos.

Some of your better cameras actually have a -2 +2 setting for shooting all three exposures.

What software did you use to create the HDR?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice pics, and I am impressed that you rode an 1800 street bike out there! That is insane!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, these are cool pictures.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice job dude. I am going to have to check out that technique! Would def like that as a background photo. Keep us posted about the album. Love to see more...
Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cpd1085
"I was hiking through The Slot Canyon"

I then came across 2 abandoned jeeps. Then the jeep miraculously appeared by itself as you submitted in post 12. I'm not sure what your intentions are but Please, at least be honest about the photo shoot.

And lastly, Nice retouch job.
Many Jeeps look similar but I can assure you, thems three? They're all different. Take another look and you'll see several diferences, the most obvious one being 2 dr/4dr.

Interesting first post...
Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by metatrox
Yes your photos are great. I've always been a fan of Vehicle HDR photos.

Some of your better cameras actually have a -2 +2 setting for shooting all three exposures.

What software did you use to create the HDR?
Yep, they were shot as -2, 0, +2. I then compiled them in Photomatix.

You're right, there are some stuff and things that don't work well with HDR, but rides surely ain't one of 'em.

Originally Posted by jckid
Nice pics, and I am impressed that you rode an 1800 street bike out there! That is insane!
Yep, me thinks I'm ready for the Baja 500!

Surprised me to see a Honda NightHawk (street bike) parked out there with mine as I returned.

Originally Posted by davebloomer
man, these are cool pictures.
Originally Posted by JKJeeper
Nice job dude. I am going to have to check out that technique! Would def like that as a background photo. Keep us posted about the album. Love to see more...
Thanks very muchly. I'll keep yous posted. Hopefully WOL (and others) and I can hook up and get more shots from The Slot. Tons of great photo ops out there.

Quick Reply: Photos: who was that last month at The Slot...