Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Perminant UV Mesh Top

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perminant UV Mesh Top

Have spent hours thinking how to build the best UV Mesh top that can stay on the vehicle at all times, Even with the Soft top or hard top installed, How to make it very rugged so it last, and will give complete access to the freedom top panels in the front for easy removal, and does not require a windshield channel, I have accomplished my goal, My question for you fellow jeepers, what is a fair asking price? And is there a demand for such product? Please feel free to comment, I will be making my first 1 in the next week, Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey indy mudder,

There was a member who made a screen much like what you are mentioning. It was two layers I think and had grommets in it that could be tied, velcro stripped, or bungee cords used to secure to the roll bar over the cab.

I thought it was a great idea, definitely better than a hundred bucks for a bikini and header channel
Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Webshade

Would you be referring to something like the Spiderweb shade? I've been running this for a few months now and have it installed inside of my rig underneath the soft top. It secures with some bungee balls. Its pretty awesome.

Attachment 295432Attachment 295433
Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep spiderweb shades is what you basically just said you wanted. I have the TrailMesh one and it's durable as can be. The screen stays on at all times, hardtop on or off
Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

x-3 on Spiderweb shade - nice, simple product... works as intended, top on or off.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

I have a spiderweb shade for both my jeeps. Good product. Great customer service. This will be my second year running mine.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, that's what I am referring to, thing is, most require the windshield header, most are cheap made, hardly any have been made to cover over the roll bars which end up leaving about a 1" gap all the way around, I have scaled out and have designed one that would be a perfect setup for anyone, no matter which top you decide to use and will stay on the jeep at all times, the thing will be built so tough that you could fence in an elephant with it, I have ordered the material and hardware and will be getting to work on it really soon, I will post pics when I am done, BTW, who makes the permanent top that you have and what price are they? Does it have a gap around the edges?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Well considering you can do a DIY version for around $40 that works without a header channel I don't think you could charge much more than $100 for it....maybe $125. It would be nice to have something that would work with the hardtop and freedom panels though. I'm curious to see your product.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IndymudderJK
Yes, that's what I am referring to, thing is, most require the windshield header, most are cheap made, hardly any have been made to cover over the roll bars which end up leaving about a 1" gap all the way around, I have scaled out and have designed one that would be a perfect setup for anyone, no matter which top you decide to use and will stay on the jeep at all times, the thing will be built so tough that you could fence in an elephant with it, I have ordered the material and hardware and will be getting to work on it really soon, I will post pics when I am done, BTW, who makes the permanent top that you have and what price are they? Does it have a gap around the edges?
SpiderWebShade.com makes it and it's about 70 bucks. There is some gaps but it's pretty insignificant, nothing you can't love with. Check out the photos I posted u can see the small amount of gaps.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 AM
JK Freak

Oh, and no windshield channel is required.

Quick Reply: Perminant UV Mesh Top