Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Performance Question with D60's

Old 06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Question with D60's

So, I am the white JK that made the mistake of going with WW and Lefthand Rubi up CC. Because of the great experience, I recently had to upgrade to Iroc 39.5 Superswampers, Dynatrac 60's with 5.38 gears in my JK 2 door. I was running 37" KM2's, Dana 44's with 5.13 gearing, and a Ripp supercharger.

I am waiting for my Dynatrac's to be built, but I am a bit worried about on road performance (increased weight of the new tires and the D60's). My question is, what will my on road performance be (ie can I drive the speed limit to the trail) in a 2 door JK with the 3.8 stock engine, Ripp Supercharger, Iroc 39.5's, Dynatrac D60's, 5.38 gears in Colorado at the speed limit? What will the performance difference be between my current set up and the new one?

Any thoughts are welcome. I am also trying to imagine performance changes. I don't know how to figure that out, but am looking for experts to advise.

Last edited by Rubibldr; 06-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Performance Question with D60's

Originally Posted by Rubibldr
I recently had to upgrade to Iroc 39.5 Superswampers, Dynatrac 60's with 5.38 gears in my JK 2 door.
Had to upgrade lol
I think ull be fine I was going to updgrade to 60's and 40's and wasnt even worried about road performance and u have the ripp supercharger
Could be wrong but I think ur going to be good
Old 06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

It's going to be a beast! What made it a "had to" situation?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running 37 Tires with SOLID D60 with 5.13 and a programmer and it just drives ok i mean no problems whats so ever it does seems a bit heavy thou but i never got disappointed on overtaking on high ways
Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Had to because I broke the front axle and I couldn't keep up with White Widow and Lefthandrubi. Now hopefully they won't have to drag me out again
Old 06-12-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Had to because I broke the front axle and I couldn't keep up with White Widow and Lefthandrubi. Now hopefully they won't have to drag me out again
Ah, but it was fun to do so....
Old 06-12-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you and White Widow had fun serving as a winch point, and nursing my wounded JK out of that forbidden land
Old 06-12-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Glad you and White Widow had fun serving as a winch point, and nursing my wounded JK out of that forbidden land
Once you get fixed we have to do harder trials. I'm thinking Penrose. Gotta do it.

Regardng your question: I would think you have enough juice with the Ripp to move your rig. You will have to watch out with the rubicrawler and 5.38's. Should be ok, but that crawler makes for lots of power.

Someone on the forum has pretty much the same set up as you will (sans Rubicrawler)---their name is escaping me....
Old 06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to hear from them on my question. Careful still with the Dynatec's even? The little Rubicrawler can twist one of those off as well?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

I would love to hear from them on my question. Careful still with the Dynatec's even? The little Rubicrawler can twist one of those off as well?

No the 60's are solid. If I haven't broken mine, you wont. It is the 5.38's themselves that I wonder about.

BTW, I am putting 5.13's in my other Rubi on Monday.

Quick Reply: Performance Question with D60's