Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Performance Accessories 2" Body lift

Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Accessories 2" Body lift

I installed the Body Lift ,and i am really happy with the results.Thanks to you guys on this forum i got to find out about the little modifications that needed to be done and all went well.Here are some pics of the results.Sorry if it is only a link as i don't know how to post the pictures directly.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/a...8&id=689500278

If anyone can upload my pics in the site for me i would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Last edited by redwranglerx; 05-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seems like you have to log into facebook to see the pics. You can also upload them directly to the forum or use My-project.jk.com.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Why did you go with a body lift? If you did a 4 inch suspension lift you would have plenty of ground clearance and you can fit those 37s. Now you may be able to fit 37s but your frame is almost at stock level. Lots of scraping.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Why body Lift

I have a 2.5 Budget boost from teraflex and i did a body lift because the dealers near my location do not tolerate more than that 2.5 so i can keep my powertrain warranty.This is why i opted for the bodylift that permits me to clear my 37" tires .The full suspension will be done as soon as the warranty is over.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

The dealership told me that I can do whatever I wanted to the suspension as long as I didn't touch the drive shafts.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
Why did you go with a body lift? If you did a 4 inch suspension lift you would have plenty of ground clearance and you can fit those 37s. Now you may be able to fit 37s but your frame is almost at stock level. Lots of scraping.
Ummm not really. The 2.5 inch suspension lift gave him 2.5 inches underneith the belly of the JK. By adding 37 inch tires he will gain additional clearance under the axles and obviously the rest of the vehicle. Im assuming he had something close to a 32 stock. If so and he added 37's then thats a 5 inch taller tire, half of that height provides additional ground clearance. So thats an extra 2.5 inches. So in theory if he were to park next to another stock JK he should have approx. 5 inches more clearance under the belly of the JK. To me 5 inches isnt almost stock level. Just my .02
Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
Ummm not really. The 2.5 inch suspension lift gave him 2.5 inches underneith the belly of the JK. By adding 37 inch tires he will gain additional clearance under the axles and obviously the rest of the vehicle. Im assuming he had something close to a 32 stock. If so and he added 37's then thats a 5 inch taller tire, half of that height provides additional ground clearance. So thats an extra 2.5 inches. So in theory if he were to park next to another stock JK he should have approx. 5 inches more clearance under the belly of the JK. To me 5 inches isnt almost stock level. Just my .02
32s to 37s do not add 5 inches to the height. It adds 5 inches to the circumference. Only a couple to the height. It is not thatmuch of a difference.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
32s to 37s do not add 5 inches to the height. It adds 5 inches to the circumference. Only a couple to the height. It is not thatmuch of a difference.
I think this is the math he is doing. This is not the Body lift.

Tires 36.8 - 31.7 = 5.1 / 2 = 2.55"
BB suspension lift 2.50"

Total lift of frame 5.05 "
Old 06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

height isn't the only concern when running 37s 2" BL is just fugly. I would have run coil spacers instead
Old 06-20-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
height isn't the only concern when running 37s 2" BL is just fugly. I would have run coil spacers instead
You couldn't be any more right!!!!!

Quick Reply: Performance Accessories 2" Body lift