Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

pcs crusher flares and body armor installed

Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by codysanders
as for the install of these they went pretty smothly. my main hickup was the nutsert tool had to small of a head on it and would push the washer back up and i would round off the bolt head. so my solution was to take a bigger nut that fit over the bolt head and i welded it it on there. no more problems after that. the sheet metal on the jk is just so thin and almost worthless. i feel like plastic would have been stronger lol.

overall i am again happy with the fit of these. the front part of the armor is my only complaint it has about a 3/16th inch gap on both sides (only visible if you look down on it. it really strengthens the side of the jeep and will help protect it till i order up some rocker knockers. for now my rubi rails will do the trick. here is a few pictures for you and again sorry for the low light but i didn't finish till after dark. i had to use the shop lights again.

Did you install the optional rubber liner that’s available behind the body armor?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

no i didn't get the rubber liner. i had ordered it but then brent said it would be fine without it. i thought that i would want to protect the paint more, but after drilling 42 holes in the side of my tow month old jeep the paint was last on the list lol. if you take the armor back off there will still be 42 holes in the jeep so i see no real reason to use it. a tube of silicon is cheaper than 55 dollars if you really decide you want a liner.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by codysanders
no i didn't get the rubber liner. i had ordered it but then brent said it would be fine without it. i thought that i would want to protect the paint more, but after drilling 42 holes in the side of my tow month old jeep the paint was last on the list lol. if you take the armor back off there will still be 42 holes in the jeep so i see no real reason to use it. a tube of silicon is cheaper than 55 dollars if you really decide you want a liner.

Anything to help keep the build up of salt and grime behind them might be a good idea... I was a little surprised just how much crud found its way behind a few things when I was preparing to install my bumper, if left unchecked it could really start to eat away at the paint, and then the metal... I hate living in the rust belt...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

I pulled the nutsertz out. It wasn't in that tight. The sheet metals is so thin it sux. I taped the nut into a long handle wrench to reach up inside the fender. I put a big washer on it so I could tighten it down flush and used a nut with the nylon insert.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Are you going to install the rocker nockers? What color are you going to paint the armor?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

I can't find these online. Anybody have a link? I think these are the best looking steel fenders i have found to date! I love the Rocker Armor too!

Edit: Its PSC not PCS. Poison Spyder Customs. Found them!

Last edited by eraujk; 01-26-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks i think my fingers got a little ahead of my brian oops brain.

Quick Reply: pcs crusher flares and body armor installed