Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

pcs crusher flares and body armor installed

Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always have looked good to me but they come with a not so friendly price tag, hahaha
Old 01-18-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by April
Always have looked good to me but they come with a not so friendly price tag, hahaha
Trust me I helped him put them on there and for that price tag you get more than you pay for!!!!!

This product is sick as hell
Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by April
fronts and rears would run you a grand. a set of plastic flares 500. waiting for money for the rears now that you blew your wad on fronts. priceless.

replacing a broken plastic flare when you snag a tree at least 150

dupi color for the scratch on metal flares 8 bucks

its all in what you want to spend your dime on. for me i love them and would never spend money on a dang system (radio) in my rig. i see thousands of dollars go down the drain all the time on that stuff.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Ha,ha. I wanna see a pic of you sitting level with a tj parked on top of it. They look really good btw.
sorry i don't think i will but psc did. and it was a yj i was mistaken. you know it happens even to the best of us lol. i would post up pic but i don't know how to post up other peoples pictures (i am not a computer guy lol). and thanks i love the look as well as the benifets.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

as for the install of these they went pretty smothly. my main hickup was the nutsert tool had to small of a head on it and would push the washer back up and i would round off the bolt head. so my solution was to take a bigger nut that fit over the bolt head and i welded it it on there. no more problems after that. the sheet metal on the jk is just so thin and almost worthless. i feel like plastic would have been stronger lol.

overall i am again happy with the fit of these. the front part of the armor is my only complaint it has about a 3/16th inch gap on both sides (only visible if you look down on it. it really strengthens the side of the jeep and will help protect it till i order up some rocker knockers. for now my rubi rails will do the trick. here is a few pictures for you and again sorry for the low light but i didn't finish till after dark. i had to use the shop lights again.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are very nice...Looks good...
Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

I had the same problem with the armor. I bought some longer bolts and put a fender washer and nut on the inside of the fender. It wasn't easy but I got the armor to sit flush.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

did you just get rid of the nutsert then? if so how did you get it back out of there?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 AM
bkw
JK Freak

What backspacing are your wheels? Do you have a direct front or rear shot? Would like to see how stubby the fenders are, as there are some laws here we need to abide with.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

my wheels are 17 x 9.5 with 3.5 bs. the fenders are stock width basically. you get a little more coverage on the back by the door but tapper in on the front some. my tires are about 2 to 3 inches out from the fender. before with the stock flares they were 3 inches out.

the only flares that i have seen with more coverage are the exon wides. (2" more than stock) and that would still leave me a inch outside the fender. my setup is just really wide most with 4.5 bs and a 8" rim would have much less outside the fender if any. if you are happy with a stock flare width psc will be a little better.

Quick Reply: pcs crusher flares and body armor installed