Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painting the inside of my hard top black

Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the white better, and being in Arizona I don't know how great black would be, but good job
Old 06-26-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robin
I really like the white better, and being in Arizona I don't know how great black would be, but good job
On the inside like that it's actually the minimal R factor of the bed liner material that will help with the heat, not by much but I'm sure something.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that loks really good. how easy do think its going to be to clean??? im only asking cause i want to do my floor like that?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joes-jk
that loks really good. how easy do think its going to be to clean??? im only asking cause i want to do my floor like that?
Not sure of the cleaning factor as it's a rough texture but you could prob just use a wet rag if you got some other liquid on it or something. If worst came to worst, you could always just spray another layer over the problem

I wouldn't use the bed liner in a can for your floor. It seems like it would take alot of cans (@ $8.99 each) to equal the same thickness as what a $100 gallon of Hurculiner would do.

If you're really serious, let's meet up to get both our Jeeps done at the same time. I've been trying to find time to do my floor with Hurculiner ever since we went to 7 Springs and my Jeep ate dust for 6hrs and I had to rip the carpet out.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great... nice job
Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Not sure of the cleaning factor as it's a rough texture but you could prob just use a wet rag if you got some other liquid on it or something. If worst came to worst, you could always just spray another layer over the problem

I wouldn't use the bed liner in a can for your floor. It seems like it would take alot of cans (@ $8.99 each) to equal the same thickness as what a $100 gallon of Hurculiner would do.

If you're really serious, let's meet up to get both our Jeeps done at the same time. I've been trying to find time to do my floor with Hurculiner ever since we went to 7 Springs and my Jeep ate dust for 6hrs and I had to rip the carpet out.
yea i want to but im scared. i want to see it on sombody elses jeep in person before i do it. lol
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

So why do you use the spray bedliner on the top panels and not Herculiner? Is the spray on more rubbery? Or is it gritty like Herculiner?

I want to do mine but not sure if it wouldn't be easier just to Herculine the tub and top at the same time.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pookie
So why do you use the spray bedliner on the top panels and not Herculiner? Is the spray on more rubbery? Or is it gritty like Herculiner?

I want to do mine but not sure if it wouldn't be easier just to Herculine the tub and top at the same time.
You're supposed to roll the Hurculiner on whereas the hard top needs a more controlled, detailed application. For all intents & purposes they are the same. The Duplicolor brand though is more gritty than rubbery. I plan on doing the tub pretty soon here so maybe I'll compare the two and do a top coat of hurculiner on the hard top.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been considering doing a two stage paint job. One layer of thermal resistant paint/coating and then a layer of duplicor. Wonder if that would work?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thermal resistant paint? Where do you get that from? Or is this another ball bearings for the gas tank mod?

I gotta do something my tops where super hot today even with the AC running.

Quick Reply: Painting the inside of my hard top black