Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painting Half Doors - Color Opinions

Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OoooOOoooOO I agree.. I say paint them tan!! Congrats on the color choice.. it's what made me trade my Jeep Green in a few months ago. What is your expected date on your '12?

I can't wait to see pics if you get the half doors painted to match... I will be super jealous!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you should line them in black. I think that looks badass. Plus, if they are black, no one can say anything about mismatched colors because you did it on purpose. The cost is also a lot cheaper.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe you could get the Raptor liner and have it tinted to match your Jeep. Could be cheaper and color matched plus the benefit of being bedlined.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

I would say look up the $50 dollar paint job, this guy did it to his whole car and it held up pretty well.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

IMO Paint to match, the black doors would draw to much attention. So in reality your going to get the opinions of others face to face. That is if you give a Damn.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StuFarmer
IMO Paint to match, the black doors would draw to much attention. So in reality your going to get the opinions of others face to face. That is if you give a Damn.
Gee. Why so harsh Stu? I'm asking for opinions before I do anything, of course I give a damn.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default half doors

Originally Posted by IXPLORN
It's up to you of course but I think it would look best painted to match the rest of your jeep. Here is a picture of my 2007 with factory half doors.
It cost me $800.00 to have all four painted. You can see a slight color variation between the doors and the rest of the Jeep.
I opted not to have the paint shop feather the paint into the body because it would have cost substantially more.
I'm satisfied, I'm just going to take it out and have Mother Nature pinstripe them anyway.

Gary

Gary, you say this pic is with factory half doors, is that so, or are these Rugged Ridge Half Doors???? If they are factory, do you mean they are Mopar you ordered afterwards to replace full doors and they came w/out color matching to your original doors?

Quick Reply: Painting Half Doors - Color Opinions