Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painted Wheels

Old 10-12-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Wheels

I finally painted my Wheels last weekend. I sanded, then primed and painted with 3 coats of Black automotive paint (leftover from fix in another cars bumper= free mod for me), then shot with 2 coats of clear to protect them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrangler2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	222505
Old 10-12-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Total black out going on there. Just need to do a real deep tint on the front window, and your done.
How long did it take to sand the wheels?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

level it and put some Rubicon tires on it. It will be a bad a$$ honey badger then.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wired
Total black out going on there. Just need to do a real deep tint on the front window, and your done.
How long did it take to sand the wheels?
The front windows will be tinted in the future, Ohio doesn't allow a deep tint by law, at lest not on the front windows, so I'll end up going just about as dark as I'm able to.

I took my time and did a lot of prep to them, between sanding and cleaning, then masking off both the front and back, I probably had 2 hours into just the prep, then another 6-7 hours between sealer/premier, paint, clear coat and dry times in between.

Quick Reply: Painted Wheels