Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painted the rivets in my wheels. What do you think?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crash give ya that idea?????
Old 05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjhoop
crash give ya that idea?????
I'm not sure who you are referring to?

I wanted to devoid my Jeep of anything chrome or silver to the best of my abilities. These and the key hole in the door are all I have left (my d-rings are brushed metal but I want to swap those for black at some point). My other option is to paint the wheel studs black in order to blend in with the wheels. But since I have to go through all the same work to make them black or red, I would rather go red.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I'm not sure who you are referring to?

I wanted to devoid my Jeep of anything chrome or silver to the best of my abilities. These and the key hole in the door are all I have left (my d-rings are brushed metal but I want to swap those for black at some point). My other option is to paint the wheel studs black in order to blend in with the wheels. But since I have to go through all the same work to make them black or red, I would rather go red.
Don't worry about him.
He was talking about me because I did the same thing a few weeks ago to my wheels.
I mentioned it a few posts back.

Let me know if you figure out black for keyholes. I've been chrome/ss free since a month after I brought mine home...except for that. I covered the gate key hole, and just take my doors off most of the time to make those disappear.

I really like your rig. Very cool.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Don't worry about him.
He was talking about me because I did the same thing a few weeks ago to my wheels.
I mentioned it a few posts back.

Let me know if you figure out black for keyholes. I've been chrome/ss free since a month after I brought mine home...except for that. I covered the gate key hole, and just take my doors off most of the time to make those disappear.

I really like your rig. Very cool.
Sorry about that, I just read through all the posts in this thread and found the link to your wheels.

Rather than being the head of a bolt, mine actually have the threaded end exposed. There are 16 per wheel and they surface just before the lip of the wheel (pic below). I'm not sure if they will be damaged if I try to remove them so I am going to contact KMC to see if they sell them seperately. Maybe then I can have a stock set and a red set. My alternative is to tape the wheels off and prep and paint while they are still attached. This is do-able but maybe more of a PITA than it is worth.

I'm installing a Rock Hard cage & license plate relocation bracket this week so I think my time maybe spent there instead.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would leave them black.

D

Quick Reply: Painted the rivets in my wheels. What do you think?