Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painted Hard Top and Bushwacker Flares

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoojk
i agree not my thing but good work. i still cant warm up to those bushwacker flares. way to oversize even for 35 and 37 inch tires
good craftsmanship, just not a fan of the HUGE BW flatres. What rear bumper is that? Like how it ties-into to the rear flares.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Man, all the hating on Bushwacker, I love the dam things, they are bad ass, and they work with the huge tires, I am not feeling it.
sheesh Camp, making me feel bad now , it's not hate brother, just takes some getting used to honestly. Tell you what when people set up their rigs with wheels/tires that are WIDER than BushWacker flares then it does awesome. Most I have seen personally the wheels are sitting in a bit on the flares and it just looks ok.

But again you guys do great work for what it's worth
Old 08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Exclamation To each his/her own

It's like when Jeepers ask me why I never take my hard top off,......because I do NOT want to take it off.

Yep, it's your money...... so use it how you see fit.

Toilet paper?

Fire starter?!?!

The paint on thoes flares are toast after the first tight trail !
Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKrazed
You pretty much need a 15" wide tire to pull those off IMO. I have a buddy with 37x13.50's, still not quite wide enough.
I have the same spec's and the tires are not covered entirely by the Bushwackers! And when adding spacers, even more uncoverage reached!
I just love the BW's think they make the JK awesome and aggressive. Especially when painted to the body color (I did too). And take note - this is MY opinion...

Back to the thread - nice job on the hardtop, I'm getting it done this fall as well!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:02 AM
JK Jedi

Wow that's a lot of red, good looking work though.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job! Looks great.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Thanks for all the compliments - we really appreciate it. We've worked with the Xenon flares before, as well and there's definately a different look about the two brands.

The top work involves removing the top itself, all the top parts, sanding to smooth the factory texture, prep and paint, then reinstallation.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Man, all the hating on Bushwacker, I love the dam things, they are bad ass, and they work with the huge tires, I am not feeling it.
I like the Bushwackers on some of the pickup applications that they have, but not on the JK. They would be ok if you have strict fender coverage laws and had to have the tires covered. I don't know how many times the fact that my tires stick out past the fenders has saved me. I have had the tires rub on trees and the fenders are still on thanks to that fact. Those Bushwackers would be falling off as soon as I took it off-road.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I see interesting roll cage components... Who makes those or are they custom? The handles would be handy for some of the folks that ride in mine... Let me know.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Covert_Ops
I see interesting roll cage components... Who makes those or are they custom? The handles would be handy for some of the folks that ride in mine... Let me know.
http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/jk-07.html

Quick Reply: Painted Hard Top and Bushwacker Flares