Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Paint wearing -Protecting the bottom part of the Jeep

Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint wearing -Protecting the bottom part of the Jeep

I would like to protect the paint of the bottom of the Jeep from chips. What do you think if I put Black 3M vinyl film, this is the part that I would like to protect from chips

Many Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhigles
I would like to protect the paint of the bottom of the Jeep from chips. What do you think if I put Black 3M vinyl film, this is the part that I would like to protect from chips

Many Thanks!!!
That will likely not work, and why not just throw a nice set of sliders on like my Purejeeps? It will protect that area and look BA.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I agree that vinyl film will most likely not work for very long. There are quite a few different manufacturers that make various types of rocker armor. I've also seen a few people on here that have taped off their rockers and sprayed them with bedliner. Here is a link to one of the threads. You could bedline up the side as high as you want.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...nd-new-bumper-!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

THANKS!!!!
But I´m not a fan of sliders / metal skin beacuse I do not want to drill my Jeep!

Last edited by lhigles; 05-04-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Super Freak

But I´m not a fan of sliders / metal skin beacuse I do not want to drill my Jeep!
You can also just pick up a set of used Rubi sliders from someone for pretty cheap - and that doesn't require drilling into your body at all.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

It depends on what you are protecting the area from. If you are protecting it from road debris and bugs, then a 3M film like you would clear-bra your Ferrari with will be OK. This will likely get quite nasty looking, though, if you repeatedly cake it with mud and spin rocks and gravel from your fronts onto it.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

or you could just bedline it. cheapest way to go for sure, and if you scuff it up again just repaint it.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

THANKS!!!!
My local Line-x dealer showed me samples of this done on rocker panels. i had my Jeep done last fall and i think i might have them do the rockers as well as the fender wells in the rear ( once i get flats ) as well as the pich seam that is exposed above the rear bumper.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D0ppleganger
or you could just bedline it. cheapest way to go for sure, and if you scuff it up again just repaint it.
Not the best view but here's my bedliner job. Took off the rock rails and bedlined the entire area. Bedlined the rails too. It's holding up very good after a couple of months and several wheel'n trips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0286.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	156800
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry but ,is bedliner a paint?

Quick Reply: Paint wearing -Protecting the bottom part of the Jeep