Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Paint matched hard top pics anyone

Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint matched hard top pics anyone

I'm considering paint matching my hard top on my 09 flame red X but wanted to look at some pictures of one before I go through with it. Does anyone have pics of a flame red paint matched hard top? If not can some one do a photo-shop job on one just so I can get an idea of what it'll look like. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orp967
I'm considering paint matching my hard top on my 09 flame red X but wanted to look at some pictures of one before I go through with it. Does anyone have pics of a flame red paint matched hard top? If not can some one do a photo-shop job on one just so I can get an idea of what it'll look like. Thanks!
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door? I work across the street from a Jeep dealership who does this. They do a lot of 4 doors that have looked great. They have only done one 2 door which has been sitting on their lot for quite some time because it just doesn't really look right on a 2 door. Just my .02.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

wanna c the bumpers!!! i almost did this myself with a flat rattle can body matched....
Old 05-31-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are some pics of my painted white hardtop

And a red one I found

Last edited by reddragon; 05-31-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the pics so far, sorry for not clarifying at first (I have a two-door). Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on paint matching it that's why I wanted to see some pics before I went through with it. It's just that the fiber glass top is so cheap, it's cracking and peeling off in some places it was either line-x it or paint match. Still deciding on what I should do.

PS There's a pic of a two-door paint matched red rock Jeep on the "Cop4x4" website, I think it looks OK.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

you can line-x it with tint like my friend did with his flame red 4door... it came out looking awesome all red with texture and it takes a ton of abuse... I don't have any pictures of it unfortunately.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

I am very interested in getting my Detonator Yellow Unlimited's hardtop color matched. Anyone got a picture of just such a colored vehicle?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey fadeout try and get some pics of that, that sounds like a good idea.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I can find a place that does a colored line x or rhino line in silver Id love to do my hartop and grill in that stuff.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

I thought about painting mine but after a couple trail rides and forget it. I Herculined it. I went with just black like the original hardtop. If you go offroad, I'd think twice, if it's just a street Jeep, then I'd say go for it. There is a 2 dr white Jeep around the corner, small lift, 33's, with a white hard top. On that Jeep it looks good. On some of the bigger Jeeps, it just looks like a SUV. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Paint matched hard top pics anyone