Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

ore coilover maintenance

Old 01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ore coilover maintenance

I was wondering what kind of maintenance was need for the ORE coilovers? I was told that they have to be rebuilt every year.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

really? who told you that? i've not heard that before nor do i see why time would be the determining factor as to when the coil overs would need to be rebuilt. as far as miles go, we have well over 30,000 miles on ours and they still seem to be working fine. also, i should point out that the coil overs are made by king for ORE and i would think that contacting them directly regarding your questions of maintenace would yield you more accurate information than the rumors you've been hearing.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by willypapooh
I was wondering what kind of maintenance was need for the ORE coilovers? I was told that they have to be rebuilt every year.
Hey, I'm screwed then. Cuz I haven't done sh*t on mine since they were installed. Now I have greased the R.E. longarms and the bushing are all toast. I tried preventive maintenance on them, just didn't work. As for the EVO stuff, nada! Oh, I do grease the 2 grease fittings on the rear system cantilever brackets. 1 squirt each when doing maintenance. Thats it!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Might want to check the blue pressure tube connecting the shock and the reservior.
This last run I had a leak of oil. Turned out that the bottom of a screw coming from
the fender was digging into the blue tube causing a leak. Also. might want to lightly
tighten the connecting nuts on reservior and shock of the blue tube, at first we thought
they were too loose and causing the leak. They were a little loose.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blazer4949
Might want to check the blue pressure tube connecting the shock and the reservior.
This last run I had a leak of oil. Turned out that the bottom of a screw coming from
the fender was digging into the blue tube causing a leak. Also. might want to lightly
tighten the connecting nuts on reservior and shock of the blue tube, at first we thought
they were too loose and causing the leak. They were a little loose.
Hey, thank you! I will let Mel know. Its there right now getting something done to it as we speak.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

hxxp://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/suspension/131_0607_coilover_shocks_technical/index.html

Good article on Setting Up And Maintaining Coilover Shocks from Peterson's 4wheel and off-road. May be a bit old, but still good general information. Page 2 talks about when a coilover may need to be rebuilt, doesn't mention a time frame.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 01-04-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

hey thanks guys, i was just told that by a freind that works at 4wp. when i get out of the navy i wont have the cash i have now to just piss away.

Quick Reply: ore coilover maintenance