Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Opinions on wheel

Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am working on a decision for sure but it may take me a week or two there is no hurry. I am an old school guy for sure. In my CJ Days nothing looked better to me than a white CJ with a white top and white wagon wheels. To this day I love white wagon wheels and / or D windows. But I do not think white wheels will look good on Dozer. But no offense to the guys with black wheels but that is wearing thin on me and I imagine that every Dozer Jeep in creation will get black wheels ( so will gecko, crush and Cosmo). So I am trying to combine my love for wagon wheels with my love for a white wagon wheel on a white jeep thing. Right now I am only playing with this one wheel and may paint it with some added Dozer so it looks more like the silver and black Black Rock 909S but it will be Dozer and black. Or I am considering all argent in color or possibly a argent and black combo.

It looks good to me in the mock up though.

Thanks for the opinions so far!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
Joe at Teraflex did something similar. I appreciate the objective to do something different, so good for you.
How did his look, have not seen it.....is his Dozer too?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

School bus. Dig it.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey paint 'em up and put 'em on. If you don't like it then paint 'em black. Paint is cheap!!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Hey paint 'em up and put 'em on. If you don't like it then paint 'em black. Paint is cheap!!
X2! But I do have to say I like it.,not just another set of black wheels on a jk..
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Personally since you have only painted one, I would throw a tire on it and mount it up and see how it looks to you. If you like it, then I say go for it
Old 03-31-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the same situation right now. I am planning on having a bit of Crush orange added to a set of Rock Stars, I know these wheels have been used to death, but I still like them and don't really care what anybody else thinks. I say do whatever you think looks good. It's your rig. Did you actually do the paint work yourself or have a shop do it for you?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it looks good. most importantly though...what do you think?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Different can be good

I also think you went a seldom traveled direction with the wheel paint job but love that you went out on your own with this idea. I say go for it. The color on the wheel looks a lighter than on your rig but I'm sure that could just be the lighting.

Cheers on be different.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wantowheel
I am in the same situation right now. I am planning on having a bit of Crush orange added to a set of Rock Stars, I know these wheels have been used to death, but I still like them and don't really care what anybody else thinks. I say do whatever you think looks good. It's your rig. Did you actually do the paint work yourself or have a shop do it for you?
I did the painting.

Quick Reply: Opinions on wheel