Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME LT Install with 35" MTRs

Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME LT Install with 35" MTRs

Well after a long and extensive search which ended with a call to Dave at Northridge I went and pulled the trigger on the OME LT lift and matched it to a set of 5 35x12.5 MTR w/kevlar mounted on Crager 15x8 Soft 8's from Discount Tire Direct.

Installation went fairly smooth. Only exception were the locking lugs on the stock wheel (Dealership lost the "key" when I had it in for some warranty work) that I had to weld a nut to to get the lugs off. That had nothing to do with the kits, just bad luck.

After setting the trackbars front and rear as best I could an recentering the steering wheel, she drove pretty much like stock.

The only issues I have are at about 50mph I start to get a slight shimmy in the steering wheel and at full lock I am getting a slight rubbing on the finder liner. I took her to get an alignment but that didnt solve the shimmy in the wheel.

I am going to run swap on the stock tires to see if the shimmy is from a wheel out of balance or not. If all are balanced, not sure where I will look next.

As far as the rubbing, I will have to verify my front track bar is centered as I didnt think it should rub especially at ride hieght not at full flex.

Attached are some before and after shots. I love the way she looks now.....SO much of an improvement! I gained about 6.5-7" total over the stock wheels and suspension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Time Already 015.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	156745Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Time Already 017.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	156746Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Time Already 027.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	156748Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Time Already 028.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	156749
Old 05-04-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I dig the look!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks awesome!

I have the same lift on my unlimited and love it.

The rubbing you're hearing at full turn might be the front tires rubbing on the air dam under the stock bumper. I had this issue, and in lieu of ripping the whole air dam off, I just took some shears and trimmed it until it no longer rubbed....didn't take much.

At full flex, my front tires rub on the inside of the full length stock bumper.

Otherwise, no rubbing, shimmy, or stearing problems.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

I will check to see if the airdam is where it is rubbing thanks for the tip....thats an easy fix.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
I will check to see if the airdam is where it is rubbing thanks for the tip....thats an easy fix.
Sweet jeep man. Have you had your tires balanced? If so is there any lead weights on the outside of the wheel or they on the inside? What's the backspace on your wheels as well looking at doing the same.

Quick Reply: OME LT Install with 35" MTRs