Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME lift installed

Old 06-12-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME lift installed

I bought the 3" OME with extended travel for my new Unlimited Rubicon from David at Northridge a couple of weeks ago and decided to install it today. It took me (67 years old) and my son 4 hours to do it. The first half hour was spent rounding up tools etc. Everything went together just like the write up in the Project-JK said. We installed the extended brake lines first though. Don't know why they do it last. I opted for the adjustable front lowers instead of the uppers. We used our hoist and a fork lift with extended forks instead of jack stands on the floor. That made the job a pleasure. We really got lucky. I set the lowers about a half hole longer than stock, guessed with the drag link length, and set the tracking bars and went for a drive. It tracks perfectly and the steering wheel is centered. It hanadles great. I'll check the castor tomorrow, but it must be close. The lift gave me 3 1/2" and will drop to the 3"s I wanted when I get the bumpers and winch on. David was right on. The UR looks more like it should now. Overall the fuel tank skid went from a stock 10"s to 14.5" from the ground. Much nicer.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crasher
I bought the 3" OME with extended travel for my new Unlimited Rubicon from David at Northridge a couple of weeks ago and decided to install it today.
That is the one with HD coils?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, that is correct.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

We demand photos or it didn't happen!

Just messin...
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Tell me this.... is the OME the high quality system I've read about?? In my research it came down to TF, OME, and AEV.... went with the AEV for the reported on highway/street ride.

Give us some photo's and thoughts on the ride....
Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't say that the ride is much different from the stock coils. I should have done a ride comparison with someone along to compare with me. I'll go out and take some pictures, but I haven't figured out how to post them on a site. I'm intellectually handicaped when it comes to that. I can email them to someone to post till I can master it myself.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKCliff
Tell me this.... is the OME the high quality system I've read about?? In my research it came down to TF, OME, and AEV.... went with the AEV for the reported on highway/street ride.

Give us some photo's and thoughts on the ride....
I have this lift and it is a very quality system. It rides great onroad and the shocks are awesome offroad.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 06-13-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 06-13-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the pictures, but I need an email address to send them to so someone smarter than me can post them on the forum.

Quick Reply: OME lift installed