Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME lift GREAT LIFT

Old 01-11-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME lift GREAT LIFT

Did this this past weekend with the help of a friend....mechanic....took about 5 hours from start to finish not rushing and is excellent.....rides better than stock and gives a nice stance, got about 3 inches (before sag takes place....
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Have you put on aftermarket tires yet? I put a rough country 3.25" lift and after the lift was on it was better than stock until I put on the 35" BFG all terrains. Now it's pretty bumpy. The reason I ask is because I was thinking of switching to OME coils.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you get HD shocks or LD shocks? Did you add anything else with suspension? I am looking at that lift or TF. Can you post some pics? Love to see.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

I also recently installed an OME lift. I bought the package deal from Northridge with front and rear track bars. It rides great! I'm also running 35" MTR/K on stock Rubicon wheels. Couldn't be happier.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by choadium
I also recently installed an OME lift. I bought the package deal from Northridge with front and rear track bars. It rides great! I'm also running 35" MTR/K on stock Rubicon wheels. Couldn't be happier.
Are they HD coils?
I guess you are using spacers with the stock wheels?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zifoid
Have you put on aftermarket tires yet? I put a rough country 3.25" lift and after the lift was on it was better than stock until I put on the 35" BFG all terrains. Now it's pretty bumpy. The reason I ask is because I was thinking of switching to OME coils.

I am curious how many define "better then stock" as I read that here a lot. I drive two different 2012 Sahara's. One has a 3.5" lift with 37's and the other only has wheel spacers and there is no comparsion. The lifted one is not bad, and I am loving it. If I had to drive it across the country I don't think it would be too much of an issue, but to say better then stock no way. The smaller one is overall much smoother and the larger one is as stated above a tad bumpy, and there is no doubt I am driving a big vehicle from a feeling standpoint. I am just curious as maybe there is more I can do to soften the ride? I did not skimp on the lift, or shocks. In fact I "thought" I went a tad overboard.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Zifoid
Remember tire pressure and tire rating(e)(d) can have alot to do with the ride. Even though the the OME springs are HD they are not quite as stiff as the RC.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

That's a good point. I have already aired them down as far as I want to. The tires did come from a come from co worker that had them on a crew cab hemi ram. Still I think some better quality coils and shocks should help.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you guys running the stock control arms?

Quick Reply: OME lift GREAT LIFT