Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME lift finally done

Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will love it ! I have the HD springs and with a new front bumper and winch no sagging in 5K.

Looks great
Old 12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default springs

Originally Posted by Tebo
Is that an OME with HD coils or standard coils?
OME HD springs

I have to also mention that the guys at 4 wheel parts, here in Houston (fm 1960), are great. You can tell that they like what they do. After I told one of the managers that I was interested in the OME stuff, he called the company and had a 5 minute conversation with him about the JK and the best options. We went from there. They also installed the OME sterring stablizer, which OME doesn't list for the JK. They modified the mounting and it works great.

Now if I could just get the src rear bumper sorted out I'll be happy, at least for a while. A new tire carrier is on the way for that.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear of the jeep doesn't bounce around on the road? You like the way it rides with the HD? Just doing research.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

I don't know much about lifts for the JK, but I've heard stories of drive shaft problems (I think it's with the slip yolk). Do you foresee any problems with the OME lift and the factory drive shafts?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

The rear of the jeep doesn't bounce around on the road? You like the way it rides with the HD? Just doing research.
x2 - I actually just bought the rear HD springs for mine...started with a bb and then replaced fronts when the bumper/winch went in. Finally getting around to the rear.

Any feedback would be great - I will post too once I get them installed and tested out.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

I was concerned about feeling stiff on the road but that is not the case. I think it has to do with the quaility of the shock, not sure. I have seen several others on here state that the ride was better than stock. I didn't believe it and didn't expect it, but at this point I have to say it is true.
As for driveshaft issues, I don't know. I plan on allowing 4wheel parts inspect it once a year or so. I don't foresee any problems.
According to OME there are 3 spring levels although I have only seen 2 in the catalogs: med, HD and a extreme hd.
My part #s are OME618 rear and OME619 front

I'm lucky and don't have to use my rig has a daily driver, except a quick ride to the gym in the mornings, other than that it's mostly weekends and a trip or two. Im sure larger tire will ride different and might put more of a strain on the drivetrain.

Last edited by ConroeJK; 12-22-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My HD springs are stiffer than stock for sure, but the ride is not really that much stiffer. The over all handling is much better for sure. I am only weighted down in the front with the winch and that.....
Old 12-24-2009, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice
Now put some meaty shoes on there
Old 12-24-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the OME lift as well. Love it!
I want to get the OME steering stablizer as well. Do you happen to know
the part number? I e-mailed OME/ARB about it and got nothing!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
OME HD springs

I have to also mention that the guys at 4 wheel parts, here in Houston (fm 1960), are great. You can tell that they like what they do. After I told one of the managers that I was interested in the OME stuff, he called the company and had a 5 minute conversation with him about the JK and the best options. We went from there. They also installed the OME sterring stablizer, which OME doesn't list for the JK. They modified the mounting and it works great.

Now if I could just get the src rear bumper sorted out I'll be happy, at least for a while. A new tire carrier is on the way for that.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

sent you a pm about the stabilizer

Quick Reply: OME lift finally done