Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME 2.0 vs. Teraflex 2.5

Old 11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by granth77
Could you please provide some more information on this issue? Like the original poster, I have an 08 Unlimited Sahara with an auto and I'm looking at the same two lifts. However, I'm only looking at running 33's max. But, since my mechanical abilities are limited, I want to know what I'm getting into with new driveshafts and everything.

Grant

As mention in the above post...it is a common problem of the driveshaft boot rubbing on the transmission skid plate and tearing apart the rubber boot. The issue is usually caused with +3" lifts. There are a few threads and I believe (MKJEEP) modified his tranny skidplate to avoid the rubber boot from tearing apart as he is running at least a 3 or 4" lift and BL with his JK unlimited.

Your best bet would be to PM MKJeep who is a moderator on this forum and he can direct you more on the Automatic Driveshaft issues with taller lifts as I am very limited on the knowledge of this since I have a 6spd.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of these kits are solid.

TF is more complete out of the box. OME can be just as complete if you select the options from David @ Northridge.

I've run all the 4door OME coils and both the OME standard and OME LT shocks and the ride is great on the road and off road. My setup is basically a hybrid of OME & TF- a full arm TF kit (see profile or sig) with OME +40 coils and LT shocks.

On my auto I didn't tear my boot until I went with the LT shocks. My buddy with the TF coil tore his the second or 3rd time out. As noted, its not an OME or TF thing - its a JK auto thing.

here's the rig a while back with the OME 618/619 coils:

Last edited by m(a)ce; 11-25-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the OME and have zero complaints. I have installed an OME kit twice (my jeep and friends jeep). I bought it with the track bars from Northridge as mentioned above. Great kit. I recomend it 100%. If I get another Jeep, I'll get another OME lift. Great on-road. Great off-road.

I know nothing about the TF kit.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ome

x2 on the OME kit from NR4x4 with adj track bars. Excellent lift, very pleased with the quality on and off road.

After I installed the lift with stock tires

With New wheels and tires

Quick Reply: OME 2.0 vs. Teraflex 2.5