Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OME 2.0 vs. Teraflex 2.5

Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME 2.0 vs. Teraflex 2.5

Noob here...I've had my JK for over a year now and finally ready to get a lift ...I'm trying to decide between the OME lift, or the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift....I've done a ton a research on both of these lifts, but wanted to get some reviews from y'all about quality, ride, components, etc..I'm currently leaning towards the OME right now...any suggestions and pics of both of these set-up will be great
Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also looking at these two and can't decide.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just installed the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with the help of some jk members. i cant tell you anything about the OME.

i love the way it looks. it rides just as good as stock, or better. id say its a bit stiffer in the sense its not as wishy washy. haven't gone wheelin in it yet though.

here is my write up. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ift-in-install
Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Beantown
i just installed the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with the help of some jk members. i cant tell you anything about the OME.

i love the way it looks. it rides just as good as stock, or better. id say its a bit stiffer in the sense its not as wishy washy. haven't gone wheelin in it yet though.

here is my write up. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ift-in-install
Great, thanks for the write-up...It looks like with the OME lift, a adj. trackbar is needed and also doesn't come with a relocation bracket like the TF kit.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

From what I hear, an adjustable trackbar is better than the relocation bracket. Also considering one of these two options one of these days.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Both TF and OME are excellent lifts and offer several different configurations. David at Northridge can hook you up with the OME lift with everything you need with it to make it a complete kit.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...K-PACKAGE-LIFT
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I did Tera coils with ome shocks!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

I had the ome lift on my 08 2dr rubicon and I loved it. And I got close to 3.5 inches out of it.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by envied4x4
I had the ome lift on my 08 2dr rubicon and I loved it. And I got close to 3.5 inches out of it.
Yeah, I've read that a lot on here that the OME kit gives you a lot more lift than advertised..the deal breaker is, if I want to spend the extra cash now and get the adj. trackbars.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very pleased with my OME HD coil spring lift on my JKU. It gave me +3" of net lift even with bumpers and winch. The coils have great off-road and on-road manners. I would consider the HD coils only if you are going to get a winch & aftermarket bumpers. If you are not going bumpers/winch route then look at the MD coil springs. I can see the ride being a little stiff with no added weight with HD coils.

Things I did to make the road handling better & make adjustments easier:

JKS adj track bars - beefy and easy to center & adj axles.
TeraFlex adj lower Control arms -very beefy and easy to adj the caster
Long travel shocks.

With having the 6spd I had no issue with the Driveshaft boot tearing near the Tranny skid plate. If you have an auto you may need to adj or modify the tranny skid plate from tearing the boot or look at a new driveshaft.

The pictures are with 33" tires...but I am upgrading to 35's hopefully this spring, but this was one reason I went with the OME HD coil spring lift was to remove the major sag of the added weight that compressed my stock springs, a lift that will fit 35's and to keep a lower center of gravity. I have heard good things about the TF 2.5" coil spring lift as well....so you really can't go wrong with either spring...it probably will come down to price!

Quick Reply: OME 2.0 vs. Teraflex 2.5