Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Old Man Emu - Flex

Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joeglock
can you measure from the ground to the bottom center of your finders.
38 1/2" (3ft 2in) both front and rear from center of fender flare (sideview) to the ground.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tony23
Are you running stock tires?
Yes they are the stock BFG Mud Terrain KM 32in tires LT255/75/R17. I'm looking at getting either the 34" Goodyear MT/R 305/70/17 or the 35" BFG KM2 35x12.5x17. I already have the 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers just need to decide on which tire to go with.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure if the 35" will fit with the original Mopar rims, maybe they are not large enough for 35" tires.

Just another question. Is there any difference between the oldmanemu Springs from the Rubicon and the X or sahara model. Asking, because here in europe they make the difference between Rubicon and Sahara springs when I´m going to buy an oldmanemu kit.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RuBob
according to my stock Rubicon measurements, you got about 3 1/2" front, 2 1/2" rear
Wow I was close! I should have measured them before hand but that sounds similar to what others have posted as getting after installing OME. It will probably sag a little and will drop especially once I get a new front bumper and winch.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I like that a lot! I think it even looks good with the stock rubber. I will be curious to know what kind of hit your mpg takes.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick
Not sure if the 35" will fit with the original Mopar rims, maybe they are not large enough for 35" tires.

Just another question. Is there any difference between the oldmanemu Springs from the Rubicon and the X or sahara model. Asking, because here in europe they make the difference between Rubicon and Sahara springs when I´m going to buy an oldmanemu kit.
RubyRed44 is running 35" BFG KM2s on his stock wheels:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...7&postcount=24

And here's murray8144's 34" Goodyear MT/R's on stock wheels:

Hope you both didn't mind me using your guy's pics. I really like what both of you have set up and I am so undecided on which one to get. I think the 35" BFG's would give me just a little more clearance and rock crawling capability but the 34"s look like they'd still do really good on rocks (maybe not so much in mud) but would have a little better road manners. I don't know!

Quick Reply: Old Man Emu - Flex