Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Which Oil Pan Skid Are You Running?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skid row here. Took an hour to get mounted and works great. Also if you catch the "sales" going on you can pick one up much cheaper then the rock hard.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i'm running the rancho skid. simple clean install and doesn't take up a ton of space under the jeep. best of all, it is very affordable and gets the job done .....

Old 07-22-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

planman,
great shot of your jeep! I noticed you still seem to have the stock diff covers. Any reason for that? You've got just about everyting else covered. I'm not trying to be smart, just wondering if you have found the stock covers to be strong enough.
Nathan
Old 07-23-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I have the Rancho RockGear. It literally just glues over the top of the oil pan. Cheap fix that provides needed protection. Has minimal impact on changing oil.

Photo of Rancho RockGear Oil Pan Cover
Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubican!
skid row here. Took an hour to get mounted and works great. Also if you catch the "sales" going on you can pick one up much cheaper then the rock hard.
x2! Install was easy and took about 1 hour. Need to test it out some time tho
Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Just did the Rancho. Very happy
Old 07-24-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

RockHard4x4 here... Very easy install, and has taken some hits from me and has done its job well... Easy to change Oil and looks great...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i'm running the rancho skid. simple clean install and doesn't take up a ton of space under the jeep. best of all, it is very affordable and gets the job done .....

I've got an idea....How about an armored oil pan that is made out of thick plate steel so you don't have to get a skid in the first place? Does anybody make those???
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vedo13
I've got an idea....How about an armored oil pan that is made out of thick plate steel so you don't have to get a skid in the first place? Does anybody make those???
not yet but i do know of one company working on just that
Old 09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dream catcher
I installed the River Raider oil pan / transmission skid plates
The install was very easy.
I do not change my own oil but I did take the access plate off and put a wrench on the oil drain plug and it appears that it would not be difficult to change the oil.
From what I can see in the pics from RR's site, the front of the skid attaches to the engine where the motor mounts do and attaches at the rear on the crossmember. How does this affect the engine moving around on the motor mounts? Does this arrangement tramsmit more engine noise through the frame to the passenger comartment?

Quick Reply: Which Oil Pan Skid Are You Running?