Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OffRoad EVO quarter pounder PICS !

Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome! Now go try and bang it up.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MTG
Got it installed this weekend...mostly. Still need to drill the 6 holes for the top plate, wire up the winch and rotate my swaybar motor out of the way. GCM is right about the install. Took some time but not too terrible...probably because I was prepared for it.

I think it turned out pretty sweet!
Mike,
That turned out really awesome, makes the JK look even more badass! Pretty easy install other than those two front winch mounting bolts

G
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! thanks for the pics
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

My question is is there a reason for the T shaped holes in the front of the bumper? How would the bumper compare the the BFH by Poison Spyder you have to remove some of your frame while installing theirs I believe.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by knnphillips
My question is is there a reason for the T shaped holes in the front of the bumper? How would the bumper compare the the BFH by Poison Spyder you have to remove some of your frame while installing theirs I believe.
The holes are for a hi-lift jack.

You need to cut off the cross bar of the stock bumper for the EVO install. Took a couple of minutes to cut and a few more to clean up and paint the exposed metal. Not a big deal.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTG

The holes are for a hi-lift jack.

You need to cut off the cross bar of the stock bumper for the EVO install. Took a couple of minutes to cut and a few more to clean up and paint the exposed metal. Not a big deal.
So you don't cut any off the length of the frame to get a better approach angle?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you don't cut the frame itself. Just the piece hanging down off the frame. The factory air dam plastic that everyone rips off mounts to it. Installing the two plates then the bumper then the stinger is kinda pain but it's a killer bumper!! But if you live in Hawaii, don't buy it!! Then I wouldnt be the only one lol.. I'm sure someone else out here has one, but I never see them..
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Junkie

great bumper , very heavy duty and provides plenty of clearance.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by knnphillips
So you don't cut any off the length of the frame to get a better approach angle?
You cut off the part that hangs down. The front plate of the bumper mounts to the stock bumper mount using the eight existing holes. The bumper only sticks out about 3/4" from the original bumper mounts (1/4" steel bumper and 2 1/4" spacers on the inside between the bumper and the frame mounts) but the bottom is angles upwards. It would be next too impossible to get this bumper any closer to the body and still get a winch mounted between the frame rails. You gain even greater approach angle by rotating your sway bar motor out of the way (if you have one). I have not yet rotated it out of the way in the pics above. I believe the poison spider bumper has an optional skid plate to protect the motor. I have no idea which one has the better approach angle, but I would guess EVO given the use of a skid and not rotating the motor out of the way on PS. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MTG

You cut off the part that hangs down. The front plate of the bumper mounts to the stock bumper mount using the eight existing holes. The bumper only sticks out about 3/4" from the original bumper mounts (1/4" steel bumper and 2 1/4" spacers on the inside between the bumper and the frame mounts) but the bottom is angles upwards. It would be next too impossible to get this bumper any closer to the body and still get a winch mounted between the frame rails. You gain even greater approach angle by rotating your sway bar motor out of the way (if you have one). I have not yet rotated it out of the way in the pics above. I believe the poison spider bumper has an optional skid plate to protect the motor. I have no idea which one has the better approach angle, but I would guess EVO given the use of a skid and not rotating the motor out of the way on PS. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.
I belive that you are thinkong of the RockBrawler bumper by PS when you make this comparision. The BFH bumper cuts a significant amount of the front frame horns off as well as the crash bar. All the cutting back of the frame gives it much more aproach than either their own RockBrawler or the 1/4 pounder. I am not saying one is a better bumper than the other, but if you were willing to chop up the frame then the BFH bumper does have the most aproach angle.

Quick Reply: OffRoad EVO quarter pounder PICS !