Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing story and an amazing build! Congrats on the 2nd and congrats on the sponsors!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Man....it's been a while!...sorry for the lack of updates, since having the new addition to the family and breaking the hell out of my Jeep I guess I've had my hands tied lol...

Hmmm so needless to say I'm done racing, while fun it is incredibly too expensive and too hard on my baby. So after deciding I was done racing I go on a few trips for fun, one of them i end up doing my first bit of real damage. We believe that the cross member for my upper links was cracked while racing, and when I was rock crawling for fun one weekend the crossmember snapped, causing a nasty chain of events including dropping the upper links spinning the pinion of the rear axle straight up ripping out the driveshaft and jarring the Atlas T-case enough to shear a couple teeth off my low range gear.....

I got a couple more trips in with a fixed crossmember before even noticing the Atlas was broke since it only showed in low range. After the obvious carnage that came from the drain pan plug upon inspection, she got shipped off to Advanced Adapters for new life. A very BIG applause needs to be given to those guys who with no questions asked rebuilt with a new housing and not a dime spent aside from shipping the thing....I was very impressed!...

In the down time I also decided to finally swap over to 8x6.5 BP so I'm selling the wheels and tires. The tires I'm selling purely because I'm not racing anymore and wanna street her some more. Once they sell I'll be going Trail Ready BL and most likely taking to a 42" TSL/SX....heres a link if anyone is interested <<---- the wheels will be listed whenever I get the old hubs off.

So I think that brings us mostly up to date, she's been down most of this year, soon as I move some old parts I imagine I'll be tearing it up again...again sorry for the lack of updates, here are some pictures to go with the update

from it's last race at DPG

some fun runs

broke shit

gotta put the wife to work

Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering where you ran off to. I am amazed you managed to shear some teeth off the low range gear. Glad advanced took care of everything for you.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember looking through this to get some ideas....glad to see your still running that beast...
That's a nice setup, extremely effective...

Btw if I asked my wife to help she'd give me the same look as if I asked her to dinner with a mistress...total disgust lol...
The jeep is my mistress as was my race track and bikes lol....congrats and feel free to update pics of more recent trips out....dig good builds in action.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that cross member must have been really fatigued to have broke like that.

As for tires, SX's are HORRIBLE for the street. Very durable offroad for sure. But that flat spot like no other. If you really want to street it, go with a 40" radial.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stuka
Wow, that cross member must have been really fatigued to have broke like that.

As for tires, SX's are HORRIBLE for the street. Very durable offroad for sure. But that flat spot like no other. If you really want to street it, go with a 40" radial.
oh with this thing i'm not lookin for a smooth ride, just not a sticky compund ya know...i just feel bad running stickies down the road, a waste...thanks though!

yea where the cross member broke you could see a little rust around the break where it had been cracked for a while...now it's .250 wall tubing so we'll see
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
I was wondering where you ran off to. I am amazed you managed to shear some teeth off the low range gear. Glad advanced took care of everything for you.
It is a proud day when you can say "I broke an Atlas" lol....gives people an idea of how you wheel hahaha, but yea AA was GREAT to deal with!

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08