Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad ass Josh, glad to see you are using it like you should... Not that I ever thought you wouldnt.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just badass my 2dr she looks up to yours lol one day awesome rig. I miss seeing charlotte at night. cant wait to see some more videos and pics of your rig
Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously im sick of looking at your jeep! ITS F'N sick! cant remember but about how much lift you running and size tires? Photographer did a awesome job!

Last edited by jeepbronco1; 06-23-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 AM
SKT
JK Newbie

Any updates, and/or recent pictures of this rig to share?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry for neglecting this thread for so long, been real busy!

In the mean time, I've wheeled the piss out of the JK, then we decided it would be fun to really test her capabilities so I am now racing in B-Class in ECORS (East Coast Offroad Racing Series). I made some changes to make the JK even more reliable in a race scenario. Our first race was March 17th and we placed 2nd place crossing the finish line with one flat, popping in the front axle and a plugged sidewall on the rear so right now she is getting some more TLC anticipating the next race March 19th in Auburn AL. Check out these highlight pictures, I'll be posting them as they go and won't leave you guys hanging!

Changes made:

Who said Xmas was over?!

changing to a Howe Performance 4-turn orbital from the 3-turn to take some of the sensitivity out at speed

Going to the Warn 9.0Rc Winch from the Powerplant to clear up my grill space so my trans cooler can breath....along with a nifty little dash switch from The 12 Volt Guy

Finally taking the SOLID rear D60 to full float shafts, running SOLID's drive flanges front & rear

Thanks to Troy @ Swag Offroad gonna be securing tools with his action packer bolt down brackets

-got the fuel system mapped out, not pictured is the Walbro in-tank fuel pump
-old fuel cell out
-front end tore down, removing the A/C system shedding weight and opening up air flow

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 04-19-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Upgraded Howe cooler comparison

Plumbed and in its new location

Intake shortened with a dry filter/pre-filter

The orbital mount with the 4-turn orbital was chopped and moved out off of the header for better cooling....that 1" I came short on a high pressure line was enough to piss anyone off lol

Some "hard to reach" cage work..."V" notch in the windshield and tabs for an aluminum hard top

Some East Coast Gear Supply drive flanges...no more hub weak points for me, time to put my shafts to the test

Fuel cell plumbed with an in tank Walbros pump....lot of "nickel & dime" **** for fittings lol

Aluminum fuel cell mount almost finished up

No more Ballistic joints, upgraded to 1.25" FK Rod ends x16....butt still kinda hurts but should be worth it

Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Got 2nd place in B-class in the first race, timed out crossing the finishline with one tire flat, one tire leaking, and a loud popping in the front axle...think I lost the ring gear...worse case the ARB...we shall see, had a blast though!...here are some pix

Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

F'N A!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great shots!

Good thing about moving tot he full float rear. A semi float is not going to stand up to jumping for long :P
Old 04-20-2012, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Who said Jeeps can't FLY. Great Fun!!!!!!!!!!! Think my daily driven could do that????????

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08