Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 09-29-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PONCH
When is the lift going on?
Looks like it may be a month or so before Alex get's the TJ Buggy's suspension on so that it can at least be rolled in and out on it's own....right now it's kinda naked and taking up the lift!....but soon enough I'll get up there, the Atlas will be here in a week or so, and we're waiting on some dimension's to get the axles and the Howe Hydro on order.....right now I just have a VERY expensive garage
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's gonna be a hell of a ride! Can't wait to see it all together man. Hopefully I'll see you out on the trails one day. Just got laid off from my job a few weeks ago so the search is on! Unfortunately that cuts into all my mod money but alas, so it goes. The important part is that at least it's goin! hahaha.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Specs on the lift?

What are you using? I saw the coil overs. You said something something about TJ, are you using TJ parts? I prolly just missed it all somewhere.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Full custom 4-link front and rear with 16" FOX coil-overs and FOX air bumps, Ballistic Super-duty zinc-coated joints, aluminum control arms, full hydro steering and a stretch front and rear to between a 106"-110" wheelbase. This set-up provides 16 inches of wheel travel, the coil-overs will come from the axle, through the engine bay and about 4 inches out the hood (like many buggies seen in rock comp to keep ride height low for Center Of Gravity)....same goes for the rear only they will come out of the fender well on the tub and be enclosed for weather purposes ....let me know if there are anymore ?'s...more than happy to answer

...the TJ is just what's taking up the lift (floor lift) at the shop causing me a little more waiting time

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 09-30-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

So are they doing a comp cut on the rear? Who are you getting your drive shafts from? Is your rig going to be street legal? Flat fenders, no fenders, exo cage? Are you using limiting straps?

I know RK is selling a kit that took it to 104" wheelbase. Why not go with something like that, seems a bit easier. I think it scored around 930 RTI if I remember correctly.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

yes comp cut on the rear, drive shafts are being custom made by a local shop, yes it will be very street legal (all but the true bead locks, but minor) the fenders are going to be primarily tube...they will tie in to everything (shock mounts, front and rear bumpers, sliders and EXO)....the RK kit only provides 12" of down travel in the front and 10.75" of travel in rear (on regular coil springs)....where as I'll have 16" travel to all four corners....instead of what is in this picture below I will have mostly level cab and four tires making contact with the ground...also the axles are full-width

....with they're 8 inch stretch they have a very nice departure angle which is around the same I'll be seeing in the rear....but I also want a negative approach angle so that I can do this.....(picture below)...from the front

....easier, maybe....cheaper, maybe......absolutely unstoppable....not so much

Here is an example of 16" coil-overs

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 09-30-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

So with the front being out that far it's still going to be street legal? I've seen comp cuts on the rear with some type of fender, considered that? With the 40" tires are you running a 6" lift. Body lift? I assume your running long arms as well?

Can truggies build me a similar kit using stock rubi axles, 14" coil overs, long arms, and stretch. I'll let you be the ginipig!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I will have less than 6 inches in lift all together, zero body lift, yes long arms, and yes he can build you a kit
Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Who did you get your long arms from? When it's all said and done your set up is going to be sick! I have a feeling that a custom kit like yours, even not so extreme, might be a little to pricey for me. I am still hoping some comp cut fenders or stretch kit tins might come out.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Oh yeah, what about fuel cell or are you just going to re-route the fuel neck?

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08