Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
(b), (c) Repealed by Session Laws 1975, c. 856.

(d) The manufacturer's specified height of any passenger motor vehicle shall not be elevated or lowered, either in front or back, more than six inches by modification, alteration, or change of the physical structure of said vehicle without prior written approval of the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.
thats cool, we're less than 6" anything else?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
Nope.

Nothing about tire/fender/flare/mudflap coverage in the NC State Code Annotated.

The only potential issues would be the max 6" lift height and updating your title with the new engine.

I haven't gone back through to look at your steering wheel, but if you removed airbags it is a problem.

nope both airbags intact , I appreciate it man...I will look into that engine thing
Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
a photo I didn't include

it's magic NO LIFT

unreal!

the bumper and grille hoop with the chopped grille looks amazing. Makes me wish my grille was chopped. looks better that way.

Last edited by m_syer; 01-28-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a photo I didn't include

it's magic NO LIFT

One fine lookin rig you got goin on NCO, nice to see it finally coming together.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigTexRedneck
updates?!?!?!?
now he's notching the front of the frame for the fox air bumps tonight, should have some pictures tomorrow
pix i promised of the Fox Air Bump Stops recessed in the frame

Old 02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

some small shit

hubs installed and brakes assembled and painted

Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Former Member

Bump! Should be near ready for fluids!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
We will certainly take a look at it! Since we are keeping our windshield for racing applications it is a little different for sure!

x No Compromise Offroad x - We are following your build closely. That is a pretty cool build as well. Is that thing done yet?

RK
I know its a quote from another thread, but you gotta admit its pretty cool when a company like Rock Krawler is following your build. I think we are all in need of an update... It has to be close to finished by now, no?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joneszj
I know its a quote from another thread, but you gotta admit its pretty cool when a company like Rock Krawler is following your build. I think we are all in need of an update... It has to be close to finished by now, no?
oh it's very cool, we're definitely getting noticed...everything from big companies like RK following the build to CRAWL mag. writers swinging by the shop unexpectedly to check out the build for the mag...it's freakin awesome

recently got all the bump stops on and the fuel cell has been welded up (will have pix tomorrow)...just have to test it for leaks..this week I've been helping him knock out a 4 door that needs to get gone so he can get 100% on mine again to finish her off

we told CRAWL Mag. that we'll be rolling in March so we're almost there
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh it's very cool, we're definitely getting noticed...everything from big companies like RK following the build to CRAWL mag. writers swinging by the shop unexpectedly to check out the build for the mag...it's freakin awesome

recently got all the bump stops on and the fuel cell has been welded up (will have pix tomorrow)...just have to test it for leaks..this week I've been helping him knock out a 4 door that needs to get gone so he can get 100% on mine again to finish her off

we told CRAWL Mag. that we'll be rolling in March so we're almost there

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08