Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh there will be a whole new thread started unveiling this thing
Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Looking forward to it, although itll be a shame to see this one slide, its on the top page for views now FYI
Old 08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

these are pictures of the floor pieces he is using to fill in where that "storage" compartment was, he used two pieces cut out by a laser, the bottom piece was dimple died for strength (and cause it looks cool ) and then the top is smooth for the pup to ride on

when I left the shop today he was bending and cutting the tube to mount the rear coilovers

Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
these are pictures of the floor pieces he is using to fill in where that "storage" compartment was, he used two pieces cut out by a laser, the bottom piece was dimple died for strength (and cause it looks cool ) and then the top is smooth for the pup to ride on

when I left the shop today he was bending and cutting the tube to mount the rear coilovers

i was thinking about running a winch where that storage compartment is you know one of the small comp winches. a fairlead out the rear bumper. it would be sick on your jeep.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by White Widow
i was thinking about running a winch where that storage compartment is you know one of the small comp winches. a fairlead out the rear bumper. it would be sick on your jeep.
I never really thought of that. . .it may be just perfect with a little bit of work
Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

we are actually thinking about running an ATV winch under there, one the hooks to the rear axle so I can compress the suspension in the rear when going down steep grades we'll see, right now they are on sale at the hardware store for 50 bucks
Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, it's hard to believe this is coming up on month 13! The amount of work going into this build is just crazy, but the devil is in the details. I'm glad it's not my JK, because the wait would be driving me nuts, but getting to watch it come together from a spectator's point of view has been and is really a lot of fun. Truly one of a kind as far as JK builds go. I'd imagine you're enjoying the process too, but have a feeling you'll enjoy testing out every feature in the real world 100 times more.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 09-02-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
we are actually thinking about running an ATV winch under there, one the hooks to the rear axle so I can compress the suspension in the rear when going down steep grades we'll see, right now they are on sale at the hardware store for 50 bucks
get a comp winch and put in in that area and have it interchangeable from the axle or out the rear bumper
Old 09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Coil-over mounts up and welded to the frame/body/and cage...coil spring rate decided and ordered today, the rear will be standing on it's own next week

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08