Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was being a jackass, I said that because I see guys spending more on their Jeep then what they paid for it but don't put the money into the safety and cheap out on the cage. Personally I don't think a Rock Hard cage would hold up to shit. Just my .02
He did it right, now you have to test it....
Old 08-01-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Let us Norcal JK'rs know when you're gonna hit the 'Con. I'd love to see this baby in action.
Shoot tell us Socal people as well, Ill drag my ass up to rubicon, its an excuse to try out the trail AND see your beast in action
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Worthless
I was being a jackass, I said that because I see guys spending more on their Jeep then what they paid for it but don't put the money into the safety and cheap out on the cage. Personally I don't think a Rock Hard cage would hold up to shit. Just my .02
He did it right, now you have to test it....
My biggest pet peeve is when people comment on something they know nothing about. I've witnessed a Rockhard cage tumble down slick rock in Tellico and it only caused a small dent in one of the tubes after 3 complete roll overs. Your .02 is worthless unless you have something to back it up.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by johnnyj33p
I've witnessed a Rockhard cage tumble down slick rock in Tellico and it only caused a small dent in one of the tubes after 3 complete roll overs.
This was a JK?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest pet peeve is when people comment on something they know nothing about. I've witnessed a Rockhard cage tumble down slick rock in Tellico and it only caused a small dent in one of the tubes after 3 complete roll overs. Your .02 is worthless unless you have something to back it up.
The rock hard kit is more or less for looks. It relies on the factory cage which is not the best cage out there by any means. Its made of thin wall tubing, and is mounted to the body with no frame tie-ins.

If somebody wants to a cage that is safer, you rip out the factory one, and put in a good tig welded cage with frame tie-ins.

You do NOT rely on the factory cage (which is made of tubes that slide into each other, then mounted to the body) period. If you want to be safer, do the job right. Don't buy a bolt on kit that relies on a sub-par starting point.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I wanna bet it wasn't a JK......and let me gues you have one
Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is truly an amazing build!!!! congrats
Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

I guess you told me huh, my comment and .02 were worthless, I know nothing about 4wd stuff and should have kept my mouth shut.....I just wanted to be a internet badass for a day.

Last edited by Worthless; 08-04-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Also, are you saying that it was pointless to have a custom cage built and he should have not wasted the money and bought a Rockhard cage?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

So some minor set backs....due to the good ole prosthtic leg I need the seat to sit a little higher than we anticipated so we have head clearance issues in the cage so we have to cut 4 tubes out and rebend/notch/weld em in....sux but we'll get it

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08