Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

certainly
Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

SWEET...I have a dash again

Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

You should have done a rock hard cage kit, way stronger than that.........
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

why would you assume a rock hard cage kit (which is for sure an awesome kit) would be stronger than a kit thats is through the dash all the way to the floor? Have you seen his full cage? The rock hard cage is awesome for sure but there is no way that its stronger than the cage he had special built in his JK, just my two cents.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I believe he was being sarcastic
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

hah I believe your right.....this is officially why I shouldnt post after midnight...fail
Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ae6332
hah I believe your right.....this is officially why I shouldnt post after midnight...fail
Old 08-01-2009, 03:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks to be getting real close now. That cage still has me clicking back to see it. While I'd never want to see anyone roll their JK, if anyone's is going to be able to handle it and not look like it went through a crusher, yours is the one.

I hope you've got plenty of vacation time saved up, because I have a feeling you're going to be looking for every excuse you can to take it out on the trails. I think you mentioned you're also going to treat it like a daily driver, do you ever plan on taking it out west to Moab, etc? And if so would you drive it all that distance considering the extreme setup you've got? I just don't have a clue how a build like that would do on a real road trip.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

We've actually been planning a 3 week long trip to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari of 2011 ...the plan as of right now is to drive mine and my dads Jeeps out there, 3 days there 3 days back....but my buddy has a Duramax and has been looking for a good excuse to buy a goose neck trailer so that is a possibility as well...this rig should ironically handle on the road pretty well, the only reason I'm considering slapping it on a trailer for that haul is because of tire expenses and the freedom to break stuff and still make it home ....it's gonna be a pretty rowdy trip we will be hitting moab for 9 days of EJS and vegas for 2 days then hitting the Rubicon trail as well ...should be sleeping for a month straight when we get home ...other plans for this rig would be applying for the Ultimate Adventure that Petersons' Off Road holds every year we'll see
Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
We've actually been planning a 3 week long trip to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari of 2011 ...the plan as of right now is to drive mine and my dads Jeeps out there, 3 days there 3 days back....but my buddy has a Duramax and has been looking for a good excuse to buy a goose neck trailer so that is a possibility as well...this rig should ironically handle on the road pretty well, the only reason I'm considering slapping it on a trailer for that haul is because of tire expenses and the freedom to break stuff and still make it home ....it's gonna be a pretty rowdy trip we will be hitting moab for 9 days of EJS and vegas for 2 days then hitting the Rubicon trail as well ...should be sleeping for a month straight when we get home ...other plans for this rig would be applying for the Ultimate Adventure that Petersons' Off Road holds every year we'll see
Let us Norcal JK'rs know when you're gonna hit the 'Con. I'd love to see this baby in action.

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08