Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JdTms11
What was the deal with the snorkel, are you still going to put one on or now because of the Hemi will that not work?
i only ask because i have a RR snorkel and a hemi is deff something i can see in the future of my jeep so i hope the two work together.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JdTms11
i only ask because i have a RR snorkel and a hemi is deff something i can see in the future of my jeep so i hope the two work together.
The RR snorkel is only 3" in diameter at it's narrowest. The intake for the 5.7L Hemi is 3.5". I had ordered a RR for mine. But by the time I modified it to fit my Roof rack, and made the opening bigger seemed like it made more sense to just start from scratch.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
wow

I need to get a hold of your friend

do you know if he can make anything for an unlimited?
He can make any and everything for anything....luxury of fabrication

sorry bout that....yea they said the RR snorkel would limit air flow so I've got a BRAND NEW never opened RR Snorkel for anyone interested...AEV is looking at coming out with one for HEMI JK's so we'll see
Old 01-14-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
A little taste of the SICK craftsmanship I'll be receiving at Carolina Truggies

That's the most beautiful roll cage I've ever seen.......
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

my buddy JM's daughter in my tire

Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry bout that....yea they said the RR snorkel would limit air flow so I've got a BRAND NEW never opened RR Snorkel for anyone interested...AEV is looking at coming out with one for HEMI JK's so we'll see
How much are you offering the snorkel for? I can even pick it up, I'm in Fayetteville during the week and Raleigh on the weekends.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by asjackman
How much are you offering the snorkel for? I can even pick it up, I'm in Fayetteville during the week and Raleigh on the weekends.
actually I just sold it today...didn't even last 1 full day in the "for sale" section of the forum ...sold for $500
Old 01-15-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Truggies rollcage work looks fantastic. Nice smooth bends and obiously a tremendous amount of attention to detail.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

I've been watching this thread for a while now, and finally decided to post a couple of comments. First of all, sorry for your misfortune, I'm glad to hear that both you and your wife came out alive. I had a BMW R1100R a few years ago, and one too many close calls forced me to get rid of it. Too many people out there just don't care enough to watch out for others on the road.

The Hemi is awesome! I've watched that video a few dozen times, and still get chills every time I see it. I didn't think that anything could top it, until I saw the cage - absolutely beautiful craftsmanship and protection for days!

I can't wait until your build is done (I'm sure you can't either).

JD
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

ah damn, oh well hopefully by the time im able to drop a hemi in there will be a snorkel solution. now what to do with that 3" hole in the side of my jeep...

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08