Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 12-10-2008, 03:31 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great When do you think you will get delivery? Your going to love it.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if it has been said, but you definitely made lemonade out of the lemons that were dealt to you. Your determination and fortitude should be commended as you have come to appreciate life in a different perspective and enjoying it to its fullest. I tip my hat to you for that AND for not being a victim.

Now I can't wait to see this beast (Although I must say, i love that 66-67 Chevelle on the trailer when you loaded your jeep) when its done.

Damn this is just a great story of survival and the human spirit.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn Josh that looks great, you flying there and driving it home? haha.....did you notice the rear tire? aired down for install or slow leak? lol......did you have a cold air intake before? doesnt seem like a good idea knowing how much you like mud

I hope you have it back for Saturday!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

damn Josh that looks great, you flying there and driving it home? haha.....did you notice the rear tire? aired down for install or slow leak? lol......did you have a cold air intake before? doesnt seem like a good idea knowing how much you like mud

I hope you have it back for Saturday!
they're trying to put in the RR snorkel as we speak so I should be good for some mud and water....I also noticed the tire...haven't confirmed what happened yet

I don't know if it has been said, but you definitely made lemonade out of the lemons that were dealt to you. Your determination and fortitude should be commended as you have come to appreciate life in a different perspective and enjoying it to its fullest. I tip my hat to you for that AND for not being a victim.

Now I can't wait to see this beast (Although I must say, i love that 66-67 Chevelle on the trailer when you loaded your jeep) when its done.

Damn this is just a great story of survival and the human spirit.
I appreciate those words, they mean alot. For me there was just no other option than to push on and move forward.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow this is an awesome build!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
they're trying to put in the RR snorkel as we speak so I should be good for some mud and water
Could you let me know how this goes? I ordered one but then canceled it. I did not think the 3" pipe through the fender would supply enough air to the hemi. As it stands now, I may just be going the ugly PVC route
Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
Could you let me know how this goes? I ordered one but then canceled it. I did not think the 3" pipe through the fender would supply enough air to the hemi. As it stands now, I may just be going the ugly PVC route
They said they can't do it........so looks like I'll be selling a RR snorkel here soon!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
JK Super Freak

just curious as to why they said it wont work? i have the RR snorkel and as i plan to keep my jeep until it dies so i can go to the hemi swap unless theres no way to do this? was it a performance issue, fitment or a combination both?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

from what they say it's a combination of both....front to back the HEMI is longer leaving no room for the hose in the front...stock the snorkel runs to the air box so air comes from outside, to the filter in the air box and then to the engine. Since the stock airbox isn't being used it would be are to filter the air.

I'm not ruling it out completely, we'll be taking a look at it when it comes back from Minnesota...so stay tuned
Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I hope to move my battery up front where the current air box is. They say it might need to be smaller then stock in size but I'm sure that's not going to be a problem. Then pipe the intake to where the current battery is and build an air box there with the intake coming from a yet to be determined snorkel. (The RR is too small)

Good luck with yours I'll be waiting to see the results.

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 12-15-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08