Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08

Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
I'm going to need every bit of 300+ HP...but I need it ALL THE TIME, at my command and not just when the SC spools up.....I've always been a naturally aspirated type of person, don't get me wrong the SC's ok, it just turns out that it not for me.
So, any ideas on which hemi?

And does the sheer weight of your add ons (D60s can't be light), etc make you want 300+hp? Or do you do a lot of towing, etc?

Where did you find the SC lacking?

Also, are you having the brakes upgraded?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 AM
dsy
JK Freak

I'm going to need every bit of 300+ HP...but I need it ALL THE TIME, at my command and not just when the SC spools up.....I've always been a naturally aspirated type of person, don't get me wrong the SC's ok, it just turns out that it not for me.
You wont be disappointed with the performance with a hemi under the hood, which ever one you choose.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
So, any ideas on which hemi?

And does the sheer weight of your add ons (D60s can't be light), etc make you want 300+hp? Or do you do a lot of towing, etc?

Where did you find the SC lacking?

Also, are you having the brakes upgraded?
It's the 5.7 and it is being picked-up on Monday for shipment to Burnsville Offroad

Weight and the 41" tires are the reasons for more HP....oh and the fact that I'm of the male gender.......this rig will not be trailered anywhere, so I will need to "comfortably" go down the highway

On the city driving it was lacking...the highways was good, the trails it performed great.....but in all of these instances it is still a hesitated power...much like a turbo because Ripp uses the Vortec S blower....no supercharger specifically, but they all have to build boost so there will always be a little hesitation as apposed to it all being pure engine power.....your trying to SQUEEZE V8 power out of a V6 mini-van motor

I also am going with the HEMI because I'm not the most conservative wheeler...and SC's do not like water, mud, etc......

Also financially......my wife got here settlement, so it's a X-mas gift
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, you must have only been a moderately good boy to only get the 5.7 for Xmas and not the 6.1 or 6.4. You'd have to have been near a saint to see the 7.0 Camp's running I bet. lol

I like the "budget friendly" aspect of the SC, but a Hemi does seem like the only way to make real power with our JKs.

That's interesting what you said about the city driving lacking. Does the SC just not really feel like it gets going until you're way up in the RPM band? My JK is a daily driver and most of my driving is city, so I'm curious if it's not going to make too much of a noticeable difference until I really get on it and get it up around highway speeds?

Ugh, decisions, decisions. Anyway, your build is really something. It certainly seems like you've covered every angle in terms of getting the most out of the Jeep.

In the end, I hope you'll give a ball park of what you've got in it. I'm already up around 50 and I've still got a couple things left on the "to do" list. lol
Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Tag for Subscription.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by screws
Josh let me get some funds together. I want them bad, I tore my front one this weekend at URE. I will be in touch with you, Thanks Stuart.
Screws, do you have some pics? I need to learn my way around mine better and what to look for when I am under her.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Freak

It's just not making the power I'm going to need...sounds cool though....it'll be FOR SALE soon!
How much? When will you be selling it? Im interested.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smalls I will try to get some pics for you.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

As a fellow biker, and one that was also struck down (no idea what the circumstances were like in your accident, but in mine it was a hit & run) - My sympathies.... I broke my right shoulder in 7 different places and to date (quite a few years have passed) it still hurts...

Your beasty JK looks AWESOME!

I am looking into building my own custom roll cage. Can you post some pictures of yours?

Thanks.

M.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Well here is a small update.....GETTING LOADED UP TO GO TO BURNSVILLE OFFROAD FOR THE 5.7 LITER HEMI

AFTER IT GETS BACK....LET THE FUN BEGIN...IT'LL BE IN THE SHOP FOR IT'S MAKE OVER

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 11-24-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Official JK BUGGY by CAROLINA TRUGGIES build THREAD 8/4/08