Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Off Road Evolution EVO Rock Star Skids

Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evolution
Sorry should have clearified myself. $139.99 is MSRP.

You will pay $124.99.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Looks great installed!

Now I just need to finish my preparations for moving the shock up.....
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BryGuy
Hey Mel,

1. Can these be used with a Tera Flex 2.5" Coil lift?
2. With the above lift will I run into brake line problems? ..... or other problems?
3. I noticed someone else ask about downward travel limitation....... I'm sure that I'm just missing something elementary, but maybe someone can explain this.

I love the fact that they're higher and protected, and stoutly made
Pretty sure you got things flipped around as raising the lower mount higher will increase down travel.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

those look great
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BryGuy
Your right..... that makes sense.......
So does that mean I'll need shocks with longer down travel to take advantage of this?
I'm just about to order the Tera Flex 2.5" Coil lift with shocks and I'd rather order it without the shocks if I'll need to have longer shocks for the rear.
Here's my other questions:
Pics of our Rubi just got done on Friday and tested it out at the Coachella Valley meet & greet/run in the Joshua Tree National park...Brenda drove and there wasn't a lot of obstacles so we weren't able to fully test out the articulation (downward articulation) but the clearance was awesome! No changes to shocks and we are running a 3" lift.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

These along with the front EVO control arm skids are right at the top of my list of upgrades behind my 5.38 gear install.

I only have one question... How much does it raise the sway bar link mounting location?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by FlyingJeep
These along with the front EVO control arm skids are right at the top of my list of upgrades behind my 5.38 gear install.

I only have one question... How much does it raise the sway bar link mounting location?
It does not change the sway bar mount at all.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
It does not change the sway bar mount at all.
I'm not sure about that... from the pictures it looks like it raises the lower mounting point for the sway bar links. If you didn't adress this than you could easily reverse the sway bar and cause some damage. If the bracket raises the mounting point 1.5-2" then I would be good to go with my current set-up.

EDIT: I just notice that the pics sm_rubi posted of his are different than wayoflife posted. From the pic in the op it looks like the lower swaybar link is raised and on sm_rubi it does not...??? Also, form the picture of the product on EVO's website it looks like it does have a raised mounting point as well.

Last edited by FlyingJeep; 10-06-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FlyingJeep
I'm not sure about that... from the pictures it looks like it raises the lower mounting point for the sway bar links. If you didn't adress this than you could easily reverse the sway bar and cause some damage. If the bracket raises the mounting point 1.5-2" then I would be good to go with my current set-up.

EDIT: I just notice that the pics sm_rubi posted of his are different than wayoflife posted. From the pic in the op it looks like the lower swaybar link is raised and on sm_rubi it does not...??? Also, form the picture of the product on EVO's website it looks like it does have a raised mounting point as well.
They do appear to be different.

Quick Reply: Off Road Evolution EVO Rock Star Skids