Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

O Baby

Old 02-15-2014, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O Baby

Looking for pics jk's with car seats, got a one month old and the 2door ain't cutting it anymore. Any opinions are welcomed thanks
Old 02-16-2014, 02:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have a one month old and defiantly decided to keep the 2dr dream alive. Its a physical disaster using the carrier in the back seat, it doesn't sit properly back there no matter what I do (i have a 3 in one transitional seat thats massive). So we're forced to use my wife's piece of shit ford fiesta in the worst winter in years with the baby seat. Still gonna try to keep the 2dr dream alive, we've ordered a cherokee no trailhawk :( and getting rid of the damn ford party mobile. So for now the 2dr is still alive!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-16-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rock the car seat in my 4-door all the time and even had the top down in the summer. My son is now 16 months, but this picture was the weekend after Xmas running some trails.

My brother in-law was with us with in his 2006 Rubicon and he had an interesting time witb his daughter that was 6 months old putting here in and out of the back seat. The carrier isn't to bad its when you move up to the next seat and they fight you putting them in.

Btw after I lifted the jeep my wife can't put my son in anymore.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If u buy a 4 door u MUST BUY THE POISON SPYDER C PILLAR KIT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY IT! The factory cage sucks and will crush and kill anyone in the back if u don't. I got lucky and was alone when I rolled but look at it. It's lower than the headrests.... I will NEVER EVER put anyone in the back seat of a JKU if it don't have the poison spyder c Pillar kit. I won't get in the back of one myself. I don't wanna break my neck! Horrible design Chrysler!

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/...=18%2D18%2D030

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392558266965.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	531260   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392558286955.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	531261  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Jersey devil where and how did this happen? Also I have been looking into additional roll cage support. I haven't gotten to the point of cutting or drilling my interior.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Happened on the way home from work. Blacked out about a quarter mile from home (no drugs or alcohol involved) crossed the yellow lines and still farther and went thru a bunch of back yards, sheds and trees all while rolling. The pictures don't do it justice it's worse than the pics make it look. Please buy the support. It's only $160 think about it like this. What's worth more to you- a life or $160? Pretty easy decision when put like that huh? I just don't wanna see anyone get hurt. I still can't believe that the DOT let Chrysler put that crappy cage in the jku and pass it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392560632264.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	531265   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392560677392.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	531266  
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kids is the reason I got rid of my TJ. I have now "upgraded" to a JKU and have 2-3 year olds and a 9 year old in the back seat. I would love to have got a 2 door but just now way possible. All you can do is suffer through till your kid is old enough for a booster. Mine go into the booster next month and I can't wait!!!
Just what ever you do don't let the wife hear you complaining about putting your kid in the 2 door or ask her to do it... Lesson learned the hard way here.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Wow glad your OK. Your right about not cheaping out. Dozing off and blacking out can be just as dangerous as DWI or on drugs. My dad has fallen asleep while driving and ran off the road. Thats when he found out he had sleep apnea. Just last month on my way to drill a guy right in front of me drifted off the road into the guard rail at 70+ MPH. He was fine but a little sooner and it would have been the trees and not the barrier.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by espi
Wow glad your OK. Your right about not cheaping out. Dozing off and blacking out can be just as dangerous as DWI or on drugs. My dad has fallen asleep while driving and ran off the road. Thats when he found out he had sleep apnea. Just last month on my way to drill a guy right in front of me drifted off the road into the guard rail at 70+ MPH. He was fine but a little sooner and it would have been the trees and not the barrier.

O no, I didn't just fall asleep..... I want tired at all. Doctors were stumped. I could hear and feel everything that was going on but I lost vision. It was weird, like a bad dream. Only thing doctors found was i had an ear infection and MAY have thrown off my equilibrium or whatever it is. Never happened before and knock wood, hasn't happened since. Just a weird freak accident and Thank God nobody was hurt. But it let me see how weak the factory cage is. And u are right drowsy driving is just add bad as drunk driving. Carries the same consequences here in Jersey as a dwi.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
If u buy a 4 door u MUST BUY THE POISON SPYDER C PILLAR KIT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY IT! The factory cage sucks and will crush and kill anyone in the back if u don't. I got lucky and was alone when I rolled but look at it. It's lower than the headrests.... I will NEVER EVER put anyone in the back seat of a JKU if it don't have the poison spyder c Pillar kit. I won't get in the back of one myself. I don't wanna break my neck! Horrible design Chrysler! http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/...=18%2D18%2D030 Sent from my obama monitoring device
I don't see a "C Pillar Kit" on their site. Only on the link here.

Quick Reply: O Baby