Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Now it looks like a jeep.... lots of pics

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
I need to get some new pics up...
I have New bumers, front and rear, as well as more lights.

I'll see if i got some...
I have the exact Jeep as you do, only stock. This is exactly what I want my jeep to look like. You are the man!

Couple questions for you. You dont have to anwser all of them but I am sure im not the only one with these questions on their minds... thanks in advance!

1) Do you have an auto or manual trans? And what gears?
2) Do you notice a decrease in power from the lift and 35" tires, esp when climbing hills or driving highway+ speeds?
3) What is your gas mileage like now? Are you daily driving this beast?
4) Did you install the lift yourself? or pro? if a shop did it how much did it run you?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Auto with 4:10

2) Do you notice a decrease in power from the lift and 35" tires, esp when climbing hills or driving highway+ speeds?

There was a decrease for sure. not huge but you could notice it. mostly initial pickup and hills.

ya gas millage went down. Mostly at highway speeds. My cruising speed was 10km/h less at the same rpm. I got a MBRP exhaust and that helped out a lot. other than the great sound, i got back some really good low end performance. My cruising rpm on the highway is a lot lower. but still not as good as stock. close though.

4) Did you install the lift yourself? or pro? if a shop did it how much did it run you?

The lift is the only thing i didn't install on my jeep. It was right after i bought it and i was new in the jeep world. I'd try it now if i had the chance again.

I cant remember the exact cost. too much though. I got it when there weren't many choices out there. and getting things up here in Canada costs a lot more. especially early 2007.

There are tons of great option out now for lifts. and if you dont want to install it yourself a shop can do it in a couple hours if they are good so labor wont be too bad.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Auto with 4:10

There was a decrease for sure. not huge but you could notice it. mostly initial pickup and hills.

ya gas millage went down. Mostly at highway speeds. My cruising speed was 10km/h less at the same rpm. I got a MBRP exhaust and that helped out a lot. other than the great sound, i got back some really good low end performance. My cruising rpm on the highway is a lot lower. but still not as good as stock. close though.

The lift is the only thing i didn't install on my jeep. It was right after i bought it and i was new in the jeep world. I'd try it now if i had the chance again.

I cant remember the exact cost. too much though. I got it when there weren't many choices out there. and getting things up here in Canada costs a lot more. especially early 2007.

There are tons of great option out now for lifts. and if you dont want to install it yourself a shop can do it in a couple hours if they are good so labor wont be too bad.
Thanks for the fast reply dude! Can't wait to see those pics of your new bumpers.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a really nice jeep you got there
Old 01-23-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Here are some quick shots of where the jeep is at now.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hoo-boy that's pretty. Pretty shiny, that is!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rig

were did you get most of your gear from
as i am very close to T.O im curious

sweet jeep
Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's an awesome looking jeep..
Old 01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi

Here are some quick shots of where the jeep is at now.

I think it's great that you got those nice bumpers and big stinger even, but you still have the sidesteps on.....Don't forget they ain't rock rails......lol.

I don't even have a Sahara, but I bought new sidesteps just to act as mudflaps as the gravel road I have to drive on everyday was tearing up my paint. I do tho really want some rockers, as long as they will somewhat serve the same purpose as the sidesteps. From what I've seen, I'm liking the TeraFlex rails.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I think it's great that you got those nice bumpers and big stinger even, but you still have the sidesteps on.....Don't forget they ain't rock rails......lol.

I don't even have a Sahara, but I bought new sidesteps just to act as mudflaps as the gravel road I have to drive on everyday was tearing up my paint. I do tho really want some rockers, as long as they will somewhat serve the same purpose as the sidesteps. From what I've seen, I'm liking the TeraFlex rails.
rock rails are next on my list... but i need to save up for those. Hopefully this summer i can pick up a set

Quick Reply: Now it looks like a jeep.... lots of pics