Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

not trying to be a "poser", just can't stand stickers

Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there is a thread on here about it, do a search. Seems that there are quite a few Jk's spread out around the country like this (mine included) and the one's that I have seen, are only on the Rt front door. Something is going on at the factory. The Paintless Dent repair guy that we use at my dealership said that it "looks like a glue dent" meaning that the somehow the door skin is getting glued to the brace running through the door whe it's not supposed to be. He was going to work on a homemade tool to "release" the bond. Hw said that he has seen/fixed that numeroustimes on hoods, but never on a door. So far, he hasn't been back yet to fix it, going on two weeks now.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took her back to the dealer today to pick up a fuel filler door I ordered. I mentioned the dent on the passenger door and showed them pics of mine before it was off the trailer and of other jeeps with the same problem. I'm interested in what they are going to do. Has anyone else dealt with this issue and had it end well? I am planning on writing DC a letter also!

Last edited by burg54; 04-04-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by burg54
I took her back to the dealer today to pick up a fuel filler door I ordered. I mentioned the dent on the passenger door and showed them pics of mine before it was off the trailer and of other jeeps with the same problem. I'm interested in what they are going to do. Has anyone else dealt with this issue and had it end well? I am planning on writing DM a letter also!
I'll have to fiond the thread. I meant to subscribe to it and forgot to. Don-a-Vee had some on their lot like this and had mentioned being in contact with DC.
Luckily, My Dealer Principal saw mine as it was being unloaded. After waiting for rour months, he was trying to convince me that it had a big scratch acorss the hood (as a joke).
Old 04-04-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! Let me know when you get it fixed. I will pass the info on to our dealership. Have you heard if DC is comping anyone for this defect, especially with the waiting list for a brand new one.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Nope, and I doubt that they will. If it can't be fixed, A guess that a new door will be in order.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I am going to keep hounding the dealership here until they replace the door. A guy waits until he is 34 to get his first "new" vehicle...and it has a defect!!! I am going to draft up a letter about it...should I make it available to folks on this site that have the same issue?

Quick Reply: not trying to be a "poser", just can't stand stickers