Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

No Show,...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Show,...

But I will tell,... you that my 2nd son and I just ripped thru the utility easement for the past hour (round midnight) hitting every mud hole and hill (actually, and unfortunately, bumps) we could find.

He's 14 and I have NEVER heard him laugh so loud about what we were doing.

We were in 4 wheel high the entire time and had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. We got tagged with big rains and hail last week, and there is an inordinate amount of water on the ground. That means MUD, and lots of it! Life is Good!!!

I have been very frustrated that my work and/or life has kept me from hitting it off the beaten path. But it all works out,... And tonight it occurred to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, my sons favorite band. I have also become quite a fan!

The holes we hit were NO challenge to our Jeep. But it gave me an excellent opportunity to coax him into thinking about Moab, Ouray, Silverton,... Places we have hiked and camped,... But now, we'll be Jeeping into these areas (Treading Lighty,...)

We will seek more worthy adversaries tomorrow! Of course this will have to occur between 4 more lacrosse games,...

Feeling particularly blessed,...

Mark
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now you gotta get him a Jeep. makes gifts very easy too, anything Jeep works out well.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Ah, Ouray...can't beat those San Juan mountains for jeeping...I will be there on August 15-17, can't wait...

http://ouraycolorado.com/gallery/jeeping#tc
Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmcan
But I will tell,... you that my 2nd son and I just ripped thru the utility easement for the past hour

Be careful, around here most places like this aren't legal and you can get a ticket or got to jail.

If you know that it is, then disregard . Just wouldn't want anybody to get into trouble.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Be careful, around here most places like this aren't legal and you can get a ticket or got to jail.

If you know that it is, then disregard . Just wouldn't want anybody to get into trouble.
Thanks for the reminder. Someone else told me the same thing today.

That would have been ugly. Muddy, tired, and a little over served do not go well with the local law enforcement guys.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reminder. Someone else told me the same thing today.

That would have been ugly. Muddy, tired, and a little over served do not go well with the local law enforcement guys.

Ah, go ahead. If you geet caught, then Jeff Foxworthy might write a joke about you.

"If you've ever been in jail with your kid, you might be a redneck!!!!"
Old 04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Ah, go ahead. If you geet caught, then Jeff Foxworthy might write a joke about you.

"If you've ever been in jail with your kid, you might be a redneck!!!!"
LOL!! You might be right! BTW How big is your deck? Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Ue5emo6I
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

It's been nearly 2 years since I posted this thread, and I'm here to tell you that my JK has been one of the best things I could have imagine getting for me and my boys. They love it, and we have hit Colorado, Moab, and OK and many places in between.

Life is good. And it's even better with a JK.

Now my wife, on the other hand, hates the damn thing, and that's a whole other issue I will not get into tonight.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

It's been nearly 2 years since I posted this thread, and I'm here to tell you that my JK has been one of the best things I could have imagine getting for me and my boys. ...
So that would make the 14 year old about driver's license ready. LOL. I remember the joy of driving my Jeep. But then my son got a driver's license ...

Fins and Things, Moab ...

Tower Arch Trail, Arches National Park ...

Disney, OK ...

Dry Creek Trail, Sedona, AZ ...

Gemini Bridges, Moab ...

BTW: Since you're in Dallas, and you mention hiking, you might be interested the next time a few of us meet up at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. No wheeling, but Interceptor_1972 and TORN and I did a little hiking and photography. My son (now 19) and a couple friends of his climbed Mt. Scott, and the three of us and Interceptors two boys (7 and 9, I think) hiked out the Little Baldy and to Valley of Boulders. If you'd be interested, let us know. It will probably be on a Sunday, since that's when Interceptor can get time off.

--mark d.

Quick Reply: No Show,...