Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

No more fly-away rear floor mats!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more fly-away rear floor mats!

Shortly after I got my JK and took the top and doors off, I got a little freaked out when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye while driving on the highway. My rear Rubicon rubber floor mats were levitating like eight inches off the floor! I pulled over and put a backpack on top of one side to make sure it stayed in the vehicle. When I got home, I got to work. My wife had some grommets for sewing and I had some leather punches. So, I punched a hole at each place where the mat overlaps the front seat brackets. Inserted and stamped the grommets. I wrapped velcro wire organizers (electronics section of Lowes or Best Buy) around the seat brackets. I used small S-carabiners to connect the grommet to the velcro on the outside grommets. I used rubber coated twists (hardware section at Lowes, near the carabiners) for the inside grommets and hid the twist under the mat. Phew! No more fly-away mats!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FloorMat1.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	497320Click image for larger version

Name:	FloorMat2.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	497321
Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome idea dude!!! I have had my jeep since 2008 and never noticed the rear mat levitating trick until this summer lol. I been concerned since. this happens with no doors in mine only.
so is Either have the GF keep the mats down or do this cool fix...... I think I'll make her hold the mats a little longer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-14-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Might have to swipe this idea myself, looks pretty good.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I put a zip tie trough the mats and the floor you can't really even see it and they don't lift at all
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Great idea,better than putting the dogs there
Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I put a zip tie trough the mats and the floor you can't really even see it and they don't lift at all
That was my first thought, but I wanted to "engineer" something removable so I could hose the mats off and clean the carpet easier. The other thought I had was Velcro taping the back sides of the mats to the carpet, but I felt like that would ruin the carpet after several pulls.

Quick Reply: No more fly-away rear floor mats!