Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

No more faded padding for my roll bars!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff from Omaha
I like the no-pad look, especially when someone invests the time necessary to get everything tidy like this. Still, the photos illustrate just how sparse rollover protection is on these Jeeps. I really need to get that River Raider weld-in cage I've been eyeballing. Hrmm.

Anyway, nice work!
You're right. the front bars don't give me any confidence in a roll over (even though I did lay mine on it's side after I first got it) and i would love to put a sports cage in as well. It's on the ever growing wish list of mods.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Hopefully it will hold up well. I did scratch the finish putting my soft top back on, but just touched it up with some more spray.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like it was a lot of work to tear it down and put it back together. When are you going to do the rest of your Jeep to match?

here is an idea, do it to the stock fenders, then if you dont like it youve got an excuse to buy new ones.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Looks good! I'm doing mine this week.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. Why spray the fenders to test it when you can buy the ones from Overkill Engineering!?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
Looks good! I'm doing mine this week.
Cool. definitely show your pictures!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

yeah.. this may be a project for me this weekend too... along with replacing the ball joints
Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good ... I removed my pads a while ago. How sturdy is the windshield without the bars attached at the A-Pillar?? I only run with a soft top .. so I wouldn't be able to remove that bar anyway .....
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmhines
Looks good ... I removed my pads a while ago. How sturdy is the windshield without the bars attached at the A-Pillar?? I only run with a soft top .. so I wouldn't be able to remove that bar anyway .....
It felt pretty sturdy, but I just removed the bars so I could spray them more easily. I put them back on when they dried. I usually pull the doors on the weekend so I'll take a few more pics of the finished project.

I'm guessing you have to pull those bars to let the windshield down?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks good

Quick Reply: No more faded padding for my roll bars!