Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

No lift on 37's+. Looking for LCG builds

Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Where did you have to cut and grind deadly? Obviously the rear pinch seam, but where else?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

Front and rear of the pinch seam areas of the rear. Then ground them down as much as I could before grinding into the body... this was after just taking off about 2'' of the rear seam cause it wasn't enough. Although I drove it like that for about a month and a half - two months or so. I would rub on any dips in the road, speed bumps, or just turning in a curve fairly hard with just a little body roll. Then I ground down the inner wheel well from probably a foot above the bottom of the pinch seam area all the way as close to the body as I could get before I felt like I would then be doing some damage I probably shouldn't.

I loaded our two boys in it, my girl, a few bags and drove from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati before I did the extra cutting and grinding. Visited family during the holiday weekend, then grabbed some things I had sitting at my mothers house and loaded the Jeep down. On the drive back to Pittsburgh the tires nearly rubbed continuously for nearly 6 hours of highway speeds. It drove me nuts thinking I was just tearing away at two $400 tires. I thought for sure I was gonna have a blow out. After that abuse though, them Toyo's was still in good condition with just a little scratched into the tread blocks of where the tires was rubbing against the sheetmetal. Them Toyo open country m/t's are pretty tough. Just thought I'd throw that in there for anyone wondering.

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
Whats the benefit to not running a lift with 37's? With all the trimming and rubbing unless you dont plan on going offroad?

I would say with proper bumpstops, you could easily wheel it still in my opinion. I've wheeled mine several times without proper bumpstops. Just as long as you can keep the tire from stuffing completely up into the wheel well I would say you would be fine. At least, from what I could tell with my experience doing it.

Here's a video of me coming through a pretty steep off camber section of trails, can't tell to much by the video except when maybe looking at the bottom of the jeep ><, ... that was making the tires rub pretty hard. You can hear the lugs popping off the metal in the video. If you hear the popping noise, that's what it is. :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uvdC_VIHo

Last edited by D3ADLY; 10-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Insidejob01
Do you have any pictures of the trimming in the rear wheel well you are talking about? I just put 37s on and I'm curious about how much I can cut out without sheet metal separating.
x2. This is the exact thing i want to know before doing any more cutting. the only thing i cut so far was the forward pinch seam. i have not touched the rear or middle in fear of screwing up my body
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LCG and 37" Toyos was a big headache. Once you had one thing corrected, there was more to fix/correct in order to not tear up the tires. I was much happier once I put on the 2.5" lift. Plus it looked better with the added height. Looks frumpy without it.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
I'm running 37's with no lift currently. Did a lot of cutting and grinding. Dropped the rear bumper completely. If you plan to run it like this for good, you'll need proper bumpstops. I've wheeled mine several times and in off camber situations the treads rub hard on the inner wheel wells. It'll eat your tread up. It rubs even with 3.5'' backspacing still at nearly full turn on road. I would say 85% turned it rubs. So I can't turn as sharp as they're capable of...

Attachment 502146

Attachment 502151

Attachment 502157

Attachment 502153
Now this is what I'm talking about. Looks great.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Dub
Now this is what I'm talking about. Looks great.
looks are one thing.....I'd like to see this thing flexed at full stuff and droop
Old 02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
looks are one thing.....I'd like to see this thing flexed at full stuff and droop
It already is

sent from my work leash
Old 07-28-2016, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anymore guys running 37's with no lift?

I know with midarms, and extending the axles front and rear that 38's will fit as well with no lift.

Quick Reply: No lift on 37's+. Looking for LCG builds