Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

No lift on 37's+. Looking for LCG builds

Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Insidejob01
I want to run 37s on a max of 2.5 lift with 12-14 inches of shock travel just wondering how people are going about it. I'm a fabricator so that isn't an issue just seeing if there are products already available or placement of shocks .
2.5" progressive rate springs
Flat flares
Longer swaybar links
Brakelines for 3-6" lift
Front and rear adjustable trackbars
Currie, Rock Krawler, or Metalcloak control arms
1.5" front and rear extended bump stops
Generous cutting with a sawsall in the rear fender well and the stock Rubi slider
Relocation of the lower shock mounts both front and rear to allow full travel without bottoming out the shocks with the new extended bumpstops.
You may need to relocate the rear hard brakelines over he frame to the rear upper coil perches to get them out of the way of the swaybar links.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
2.5" progressive rate springs
Flat flares
Longer swaybar links
Brakelines for 3-6" lift
Front and rear adjustable trackbars
Currie, Rock Krawler, or Metalcloak control arms
1.5" front and rear extended bump stops
Generous cutting with a sawsall in the rear fender well and the stock Rubi slider
Relocation of the lower shock mounts both front and rear to allow full travel without bottoming out the shocks with the new extended bumpstops.
You may need to relocate the rear hard brakelines over he frame to the rear upper coil perches to get them out of the way of the swaybar links.
Great info thanks man! Is there a product out there for the shock relocation yet or is that a piece I need to fab up?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by Insidejob01
Great info thanks man! Is there a product out there for the shock relocation yet or is that a piece I need to fab up?
EVO RockStars for the rear. Synergy/Poly Performance has similar upper and lower brackets.

Nemesis has something for the front lowers, but it is super easy to fab or buy a small bracket to weld on.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great info!

I already ordered teh EVO Rockstars. Now I need to get the Nemesis brackets for up front.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are a lifesaver this is way better than trial and error! (Though I know there will still be some) thanks for all the info time to start gathering parts!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:16 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cboggs
Here you go, this was no lift and 37" Toyos with Metalcloak fenders. If anyone is thinking of this setup you will want at least 4" BS on your wheels and I would also recommend smaller 37's like the BFG's to help keep the tires from hitting the frame at full steering lock. These tires also just hit the fenders at full stuff and you'll need to trim alot of your pinch seam in the rear.
This is exactly the route I'm going as soon as these 35's wear out...
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love seeing these pics and the community involved around LCG builds.
Thanks for posting fellas.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

I'm really dead set on 37s for my JK but want to hold off on getting lifted up for now (want to make sure it will fit in a garage!). Looks like some flat fenders and no lift could definitely work. Not sure how offroad worthy it would be but I like the idea of getting the tires I want first and then building it up from there.

Although I really like the metalcloak fenders above, in PA I have to make sure I cover my tire tread completely. Anyone have any thoughts on the zenon flat fenders (the ones with 1.5 extra coverage), no lift, and 37s? Think it can be done? I've been thinking about going this route a while but I wouldn't have any objection to a little bit of convincing!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobsmith
I'm really dead set on 37s for my JK but want to hold off on getting lifted up for now (want to make sure it will fit in a garage!). Looks like some flat fenders and no lift could definitely work. Not sure how offroad worthy it would be but I like the idea of getting the tires I want first and then building it up from there.

Although I really like the metalcloak fenders above, in PA I have to make sure I cover my tire tread completely. Anyone have any thoughts on the zenon flat fenders (the ones with 1.5 extra coverage), no lift, and 37s? Think it can be done? I've been thinking about going this route a while but I wouldn't have any objection to a little bit of convincing!
Unless those zenon fenders are higher clearance than stock I would not recommend going this route. If you put a 2.5" lift on then I think it would work. The metalcloak fenders are wide at the tops and will cover a 12.5 wide tire but taper down so I don't know if that works for PA laws. Again I would go with a smaller 37, BFG's measure around 35.5" tall, if you have any hopes of making that work. Offroad you will be on your skids a lot so be sure your armored up in that area. I no longer run with no lift but it did fine for some light wheeling while I decided on what lift to go with. Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by bobsmith

How short is your garage?

Mine is a standard height of 84" (7 ft).

A stock JK Rubicon with hard top is supposed to be 71" tall.

That means a standard garage would fit a JK with a 6" lift on 40s, with room to spare.

71" stock height + 6" lift + 4" from tires [(40"-32")/2=4"] = 81"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick Reply: No lift on 37's+. Looking for LCG builds