Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

no crank on a hemi conversion project

Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to here you found it. Wish you would have called. I have seen that happen on some others conversion.

Gerry
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

glad to hear it worked out for you
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by therza
Well my buddy called this morning to say he had to open the shop to shoot some clear on some panels. So I drove over to try and fix the no crank problem. I removed the main block ground that the battery harness uses just in front of the starter. I sanded the paint off the "pad" area and used a 1/2" wire round wire brush (plumbers brush) to clean the rust off the threads in the block. I was surprised to find rust under the paint on the surface of the pad. It took some considerable sanding to get down to shiny metal. But the real surprise was how much rust was in the threads in the block! A lot. Took several runs in with the wire brush to get to bare metal threads. That is all I did and it fired right up. No issues.

thanks for everyone's help and ideas. I appreciate it. I know that electrical problems can be hard to find, but this one turned out to be easy.

Don
Oh good-I'm glad it worked out for you. We had a garage sale today and we were talking about your problem with other backyard mechanics.

Quick Reply: no crank on a hemi conversion project